How to know if you are balding

yep78

Reaction score
I am around an nw2. Should I start finasteride? I never have hairs fall out when I run my fingers through my hair. Is it possible to be receding without shedding hairs? This is driving me crazy, because I have no idea what hairline I was born with, because I've had long hair my whole life. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose anymore hair (if I even have), can I get on finasteride at age 19? I freaking hate not knowing what the best course of action is, I hate guessing on what to do. I just want to know what the best choice to do is. If I wait and "keep an eye on it" I could potentially recede to an nw3 without noticing. If I get on finasteride I could risk using my "10 years" of it working now, instead of waiting and potentially using it later. It's all messed up and I don't know what to do, it's driving me off the deep end.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Continue to research for awhile, assess what you should do or try.. but don't expect straight up answers, because nobody has them.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hair on top is thinner than the hair on the back then you're probably balding. If you see fine wispy hairs on your hairline and temples, those will probably be lost in a few cycles.

tinylovver

Reaction score
We cannot say for sure without seeing a picture of your hair. I personally think that you should not freak out, just drink some vitamins for a while, and make a few medical masks for your hair. It will help with hair falling. Because there are too many reasons for them to fall and it is not necessary that you have hair loss in previous generations.

rebuv

Reaction score
I have a friend which had Norwood 2 since 2010 he never changed since then he have same hair nothing changed and he is not on any treatment, lucky him , so just keep and eye on it thts my opinion.
G.L

yep78

Reaction score
Snapchat-2667306755539891057.jpgSnapchat-3625917698845707579.jpgSnapchat-2501449279481701849.jpgSnapchat-5557118695253105723.jpgSnapchat-5882187026539377694.jpgSnapchat-1493107603943713076.jpgSnapchat-7077928814044352514.jpgSnapchat-3448525385729167540.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If you all can tell me that for sure I'm going bald, then I am 100% going to take finasteride. But if I'm not I'd rather wait and try and develop a beard, but... head hair>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>facial hair. I would so rather be an nw2, with no beard, than nw3 with a good beard. It's just the uncertainty on what to do that kills me. Mom says I've always had that hairline, but it seems pretty high, so idk. I've also been teased by friends about it ("friends"), so I'm probably going bald, but I don't wanna start treatments if I'm not. I just need your guys' opinion before this affects my life anymore. I don't wanna live on a forum my whole life, and that's what's happening. I constantly worry about and it's starting to take over my life, and it's depressing. I absolutely hate not knowing what the best course of action is.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're an NW2, a very solid NW2 with a naturally high hairline. It still looks good. It will probably get worse at some point in the next 5-10 years so I'd say take finasteride, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.