How To Get Proffessional Advice / Tests?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I posted so ill give the short bio for anyone whos forgotten who I am. Im 17 atm living in London and started noticing hairloss when I was 16. Just before I turned 17 I got on generic finasteride. Family history of balding is bad.. dad lost most of his hair (and I really mean most - ive seen pictures) at 24 and his dad about the same time I think. Ive made gradual changes (using wax instead of gel, keeping hair shorter etc). Ive started MSM & saw and been using minoxidil foam for a while. Nothing seems to be having any effect really, im still loosing a lot.

Temples have gone back a lot over the last year and my hairline is basically f***ed. Where the hairline is about 1.5 cm back from that is thinner than the hair behind.. which is wierd. Also sides are thinning out (really noticable when wet)

So ive tried going to my GP to see if I can have any tests. His examination consisted of touching my hair and saying "yes it looks like male pattern baldness to me". He refuses to give me any tests or prescribe me anything (hence having to get generic finasteride off the net). I know im going to end up going the same way as the rest of my family (aggressive male pattern baldness history) but im just hoping theres some way to slow it down. Im totally convinced that even if some sort of hormone inbalance isnt causing this advanced DUPA balding, that I do have some sort of hormonal irregularities. Everything sort of points to it - excema (which started at 15 (wierd??)), developing arthritis etc.

I want to have some tests done just to sort of ease my mind and help me to understand what the hell is going on even if it can't be prevented or slowed down. Want to have some private tests without going through my GP who is about as helpful as a brick wall with anything. This hairloss is wierd, mainly because its effecting the sides as well and happening at such a young age. Does anyone know of any clinics that would privately do these sort of hormone/thyroid tests in or around london?

Thanks,

Steven