how to get my Doctor to give me proscar

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
im on propecia now aqnd its a rip of it costs 60 dollars a month how dso i get my Doctor to prescribe proscar

dw99

Reaction score
tell him what you just wrote (about it being so expensive) as well as reminding him that it's the exact same active ingredient. funny that you mention this as i just went to my derm on wednesday and asked him to prescribe me proscar. he did no problem!

i totally hated this guy the first time i went in (he pretty much blew me off) but this time he was nice and was knowledgeable about both propecia and proscar and just told me that i would need to get a pill cutter and that i should watch out for any side effects since the dosage would be going up. also, he mentioned keeping the cut tablets away from any women (especially if they're pregnant), since the protective coating on the pill will be useless once i split them apart. this is because finasteride can potentially cause deformation in the genitals of a developing fetus if ingested by a pregnant woman.

good luck! if your derm turns you down, be sure to put up a fight since there's absolutely no reason why a derm should deny such a request.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
talk to your family doctor. he can prescribe

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LOL. i just went to my derm the other day. I brought up Proscar and he bitched at me for like 5 minutes about how its illegal and fraud or something like i was some dumbshit. It was pretty funny though I was like. Oh I thought Proscar was just generic Propecia. So yea if you ask your derm. just prepare yourself because you might get lectured ha

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
derms are fags id ask my gp hes a family friend

G

Tell your doctor if he doesnt give you a scrip for proscar you'll kill his family. It worked for me...

DjSap

Reaction score
You could always already tell him you are on proscar, but you feel worried as you buy it off the internet and thus you cannot assure it's legitimacy.

That will make him feel guilty, and hopefully make him give it to you.

G

Another option would be to tell him if he gives you a scrip for proscar you'll stop boning his wife.