how to eat 6 meals a day

CCS

Reaction score
the word vegetable shortening means the same thing. avoid it.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Oranges and bananas are also easy to transport.

I bought a bottle of orange juice today, so I'll use that as a water bottle for a while.

These beats eating the overpriced big burritos at the student food court, and I don't have to find tubberware that works.

These are high glycemic and will sent your blood sugar sky high and instruct your body to store fat.

CCS

Reaction score
that shows how little you know. Only the orange JUICE is high glycemic, if it does not have pulp in it. But you need high glycemic stuff right after a workout, or during one.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that shows how little you know..

Lets not be too presumptious

Only the orange JUICE is high glycemic.

The banana and orange is also high-glycemic. Yes, its true. Ask Dr. Ron Rosedale - the guy who taught Dr.Mercola everything he knows.

I can give you a link if you wish.

But you need high glycemic stuff right after a workout, or during one.

It can be dangerous to ingest food during a workout. I agree that you need high-glycemic foods right after a workout in order to build muscle. High-glycemic food doesn't raise blood-sugar following a workout.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
It can be dangerous to ingest food during a workout.

Um, what?
Pretty much every single pro body builder that works out more than 45 minutes eats protein bars, or drinks a protein shake while working out to stay anabolic.

CCS was talking about orange juice, not about eating a T-Bone steak dinner during the workout...

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
These are high glycemic and will sent your blood sugar sky high and instruct your body to store fat.

Any fruit has sugar in it. Are you advocating that we stop eating fruits because they have natural sugar in them?

CCS

Reaction score
Harie said:
DammitLetMeIn said:

Any fruit has sugar in it. Are you advocating that we stop eating fruits because they have natural sugar in them?

most fruits have fiber in them that slow the release of the sugar. most fruits, except those very low in fiber, are very low glymic. This is a well known fact. Someone messed that up on BB.com, but one of the moderaters corrected him.

Now white bread is as high as pure sugar.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
Any fruit has sugar in it.

I would contend that the amount of sugar in an avocado is fairly low.

Harie said:
Are you advocating that we stop eating fruits because they have natural sugar in them?

Are you on a truly low glycemic diet?

If so then the following fruits shouldn't be on your menu:

Banana
Cantaloupe
Dried Fruit
Grapes
Honeydew
Orange
Pineapple &
Watermelon

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[
most fruits have fiber in them that slow the release of the sugar..

The glycemic index of all fruits has been well documented.

Fruits that should be on your list include:

Avocadoes (in moderation)
Olives (in moderation)
Apples
Apricots
Blueberries (no more than 1/2 cup a day)
Cherries
Grapefruit (no more than 1/2 a day)
Kiwi
Nectarines
Peaches
Pears
Plums
Raspberries (no more than 1/2 cup a day)
Strawberries (no more than 1/2 a cup a day)
Tomatoes

[
most fruits, except those very low in fiber, are very low glymic. This is a well known fact. Someone messed that up on BB.com, but one of the moderaters corrected him..

Listen to experts, not moderators of websites.

[
Now white bread is as high as pure sugar.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DLMI - are you going to explain why you feel it's bad to eat while exercising?

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
DLMI - are you going to explain why you feel it's bad to eat while exercising?

I didn't say it was 'bad', I said it can be potentially dangerous.

It was something I read in a science journal in the library about a year or two ago...anyways I did a web search and found this:

'Another misconception is that drinking extra fluid enhances athletic performance. You need adequate intake of fluids and calories before and during prolonged exercise, but overdoing it can impair performance and potentially be dangerous.'

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WS ... 7165x35322

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
I didn't say it was 'bad', I said it can be potentially dangerous.

It was something I read in a science journal in the library about a year or two ago...anyways I did a web search and found this:

'Another misconception is that drinking extra fluid enhances athletic performance. You need adequate intake of fluids and calories before and during prolonged exercise, but overdoing it can impair performance and potentially be dangerous.'

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WS ... 7165x35322

That link has to do with drinking a lot of water or other fluids while running a marathon though...Not about "eating" while working out. If you're sweating gallons of sweat, then, of course, drinking things like Gatorade etc are better choices than plain water.

With that said, weight lifting and running a marathon are 2 totally different things. Weight lifters eat during a workout to keep from becoming catabolic. Marathon runners don't care about losing muscle mass, since they don't have a lot of muscle mass to begin with.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
That link has to do with drinking a lot of water or other fluids while running a marathon though...Not about "eating" while working out..

Yes THAT link is about that. The thing I was referring to was the article I seen in the journal. When I said ingesting food I also meant things like orange juice which has food value.

Harie said:
If you're sweating gallons of sweat, then, of course, drinking things like Gatorade etc are better choices than plain water...

All I said was it can be dangerous

Harie said:
With that said, weight lifting and running a marathon are 2 totally different things. Weight lifters eat during a workout to keep from becoming catabolic. Marathon runners don't care about losing muscle mass, since they don't have a lot of muscle mass to begin with.

Again. I didn't say not to do it. I said it can be dangerous. What I actually read in the journal was that eating during exercise is potentially dangerous. 'exercise' may not have referred to weightlifting, I don't recall.