How To Dye Your System Without Touching The Bleached Knots?

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

Me again, I'm receiving my system tomorrow and I've to dye it black without affecting the bleached knots. I've ordered a #1b instead of #1 as the latter doesn't come with bleached knots.

1- How can I proceed to dye the system hair without dyeing the knots or the base? I read that some people apply some vaseline to the base, but I also heard that can be risky! Others say to pin the system on a styrofoam head and put it upside down and dye, but I have no styro head yet. Any suggestions?

2- I used to dye my bio hair with a brand that I can find in the dollar store, but I think that even if it's ammonia free I should maybe aim for a more quality brand. What would you recommend?

3- If I can't dye the system I'll have to dye my bio hair, but I don't think it's an option, 1) I've always had my hair black I don't know how I will look with a dark brown one. 2) I'll have to this for as long as I have a system on, and I don't think it's something I can commit to.

Thank you guys in advance for your comments, I've to do this tomorrow if I want to attach my system the day after.

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just received my system but I can't attach it tomorrow as I can't dye it :'(

20180530_111706.jpg

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The #1 color is impossible to bleach so I ordred the #1b. Yes, i ordred stock.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish you luck, to be honest, I spent months and months, on many forums, and watched ALL of Curtis's vids on Youtube. I decided NOT to go the DIY route for my first two systems (on my head, one on the way) for the very reasons that you are stuck.

Not trying to beat up on you, just trying to make others who decide to go this way, first time... it's NOT easy.

For example, I am having some issues with my custom unit. The company and I worked out the issues, I ordered a second unit, and when that arrives, the first goes back to be fixed or redone.

The hours of consultation, via email, online, phone, and in-person they spent with me before I got the system, after it arrived, cut in and then follow up, in person. Once I got home, we were chatting almost on a daily basis to work out the kinks, and then make decisions going forward. NONE of this I could have done on my own.

You may wind up wasting more money on trial and error than you would have paid for a decent quality system from a salon in Montreal, and I know that there are at least a couple of places, besides mine, that do decent work.