How to change my regimen?

Thomas575

Reaction score
Hello, I am 29 years old and I have been experiencing hairloss from my 22 years. We do have a hairloss in our family (father, brother). I have been using Rogaine (containing minoxidil 5%) for more than three years now (twice a day). At first the results were quite good, my hair became more thick and looked healthier. But later the effect of minoxidil started to be lower and lower and recently my hair started to fall down again (thinning on the whole scalp). In last 10 weeks I have been using also Revivogen (2ml once daily before bed time) along with Rogaine and I use Revivogen shampoo every morning. After first 2-3 weeks using Revivogen I could see some slight improvement, the hairfall slowed down for next 2-3 weeks. But in last 4-5 weeks the situation got worse and I experience stronger hairfall again.

I lost a lot of my hair during last 6-8 months, I am really sad about my situation. Any advice how to stop my hairloss? Thanks a lot! :) Thomas

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
There is only 1 advice: add finasteride and stay with minixidil as well. Use them according to the prescription/instruction strictly.

Thomas575

Reaction score
To Ben: Ok, thanks. And how does finasteride work for you? And what exactly do you use? I mean the name of finasteride..

Thomas575

Reaction score
I read now about potential side effects of finasteride and I think it is too risky to take it. Are there any other possibilities how to stop hair loss?

Thomas575

Reaction score
I totally understand the effectivness of finasteride but compared to potential side effects it seems to me to be too risky. I read about some people who took finasteride for some time and some of them have serious problem now - irretrievable loss of libido..
What about the minoxidil in stronger concentration, e.g. 8 or 10%?

Thomas575

Reaction score
To Dr. J. Fahrner: Could you please send me a link to some page with stories about people whom helped this care? Thanks.