How To Calculate Your Chances To Balding?

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm 19yo and just wondering if there's some way to calculate your chances for balding? What would my chances be?
My father is bald. He was maybe NW2 when he was 30yo, NW3 40yo and then the rest went pretty quick, because now in his early 50s he's NW6. His both brothers have no hair loss and his father is about NW2 as an 80yo. My mother's father is bald too and had about the same pattern as my father, but my mother's brother hasn't have hair loss. The classic idea is that your mother's father would give you an idea, but at the other hand if I'd heritage the gene from my mom, why would she have it, if her brother didn't. I think this is kinda interesting, because it would be fun to know some sort of a percentage. I would hope that I won't go completely bald, but I think I wouldn't mind if I'm not like my uncles and would be like a NW3 in my 50s. One more thing I wanna say is that I wouldn't want to use any pills. Let's say that I'd be worried over my hair loss when I'm 30yo. Then I'd spend money and effort to keep my hair by eating those pills. Then in my mid 40s I would be like no more pills and then I would instantly go from like a NW2 to NW4 or 5. That would suck way more than losing hair over time.

Attachments

• norwood_scale.png
    norwood_scale.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 88

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have immediate relatives with balding the chances are you could be hit.

I would anticipate losing hair given your family history and take photos to closely monitor your hairline and any diffusion and then if you dont bald its a bonus.

Unfortunately its not as easy doing some punnet squares and calculating say the chance of having a ginger kid or getting brown eyes.

Always be diligent

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Divide the mean value of your grandparents age with your age and multiply it with the mean value of their Norwood pattern stage. Then calculate the 3rd power of that number and divide it with 8.33.
You will have come up with a random number without any significance which is as useful as trying to determine your hair loss pattern at this age by looking at your relatives

Reactions: INT