How to bleach knots properly?

semprecapelli

Reaction score
What way and product can the experienced people here recommend if I have to bleach the knots of my hairsystem on my own?

Thx in advance
sc

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Go to a beauty supply store, purchase some 40% creme developer and white powder bleach.
Ask one of the girls there to help you out.

Mix equal amounts of both (the bleach and the developer) in a small bowl, I use about 1 tablespooon of each. It needs to be mixed together real good, so plan on being a human blender for a few minutes.
Apply this mixture to the bottom of your lace with a small art brush.

The most important part is to make sure that this mixture pokes through the lace and covers the knots. I sometimes use one of them air canisters for cleaning a keyboard to sort of spray air onto the mixture and make sure its through the lace and onto the knots. I just shoot short bursts of air here and there, and use the artbrush to force the mixture through the lace too, because them knots arent on the bottom of the lace they`re on the other side.

Careful if you do that, so you dont blow the mixture halfway down the hairshaft.

The biggest reason for failing to get the knots bleached after attempting it, is thinking you have them covered good enough in the mixture when they arent.

The timing-
Once you`ve spread it on there and made absolutely certain the knots are covered in the solution, you`ll need a test hair so get yourself one of the hairs with a knot in it.
You can just pluck one, and tie a knot in it same as the knots you`re bleaching (should just be a simple single knot) or try and get one pulled out that already has a knot in it.
Put that hair and knot into the mixture too.
After 20 minutes, pull it out (the test hair) wipe the mixture off and check the knot to see if its lightened.
You`ll notice that the hair shaft itself is usually bleached after the first half hour, but the knot isnt. The knot will take longer. Put it back in the mixture and check it again in 10-20 minutes.

When the knot on your test hair is lightened, so then are the rest of them.
wash, rinse, and dry.

Edited to add-
I have been ordering my hairpieces lately without the knots bleached. The reason I do this, is that when the factory tries to do it they miss half of them or just dont do a very good job at all then I have to do it myself.
This means it has now been done twice, which puts alot of stress on the hairs, which weakens the knot and hairshaft, and can cause premature shedding.
Since I`ve been using the methos above, I am very successfull at getting them done, so I feel I`m just better off ordering it unbleached then do the bloody things myself.