How to apply Nizoral shampoo?

Ryukil

Banned
Reaction score
I have 1 % nizoral shampoo...people are telling me I can use that every day...it's the 2 % that should be spaced out.
Anyway, on the thing it says to put it in the hair then rinse it out and then repeat. Seems like a waste of shampoo. Can I just put it in once then let it sit for 10 minutes or so?
Also, is there a massive difference between 1 % and 2 %? Do you think it's okay to use it every day?

LBerg12

Banned
Reaction score
Nizoral tends to dry the scalp. I'd start w/ 1% and use every other day to see how you react.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
leave it in for the course of the shower and you should be good. you dont need to leave it in longer than 5 mins.

Am I Too Pate

Reaction score
I'd stick with the 1% if you can. Nizoral is not an everyday shampoo. I wouldn't use it more than every second day and don't leave it in for more than 5 minutes each time. Whilst it's a medicated shampoo, and topical medications need time to penetrate and do their job, 10 minutes is overkill. Personally I'd also follow the apply, rinse, reapply and hold routine. A lot of people say it makes no difference but the initial rinse may just help the second application be more effective by removing dirt and build up from the day. If you're using the 1% version I'd be giving it the best chance you can.