How The F**k Am I Supposed To Differentiate Between Finasteride Shed And Finasteride Making Things W

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ve been on finasteride 1.25 mg/day for around 70 days and I am shedding alot, around 2-3 times what I used to shed before I started finasteride.
My hair is visually getting worse everyday

How am I supposed to know if this is finasteride shed or finasteride is actually making my hairloss worse? At what point should I say ok this is not finasteride shed and I have to stop taking the drug?

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i waited for 1,5 year on finasteride while i lost way too much hair. Switched to dutasteride and things are way better but sadly now i am just trying to recover from fina loss.
Just my personal experience - some got nice results on fina even on longer periods of shedding

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heavy shed is normal at start and can last for months. You need a year to be able to tell what it’s doing one way or the other. Quitting now would make shedding all that hair pointless and could, (depending on the state of the hair that was shed), effectively accurate your hair loss.

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had the same and recover.

I figured out my routine shampoo is making the trick to make finasteride works proprely. What do you use?

I use a Keto 2% lotion every 3 shampoos.
All the rest I use a Biotin shampoo and it working so great in combination with Fina. My shedding stopped after 2 weeks.

Last edited:

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when did it slow down. Im still losing 300 hair min a day. Im on finasteride for 5 month now and shedding more than ever.

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
when did it slow down. Im still losing 300 hair min a day. Im on finasteride for 5 month now and shedding more than ever.

For me as soon as I integrated my routine shampoo.

Most of the time if Finasteride is not working it's because there is another issue. (inflammation in my case)

There are others factors than DHT to take in account.