How risky are generics?

blockhead

Reaction score
Hi. I've been reading these forums for years now and have learned a lot and gained much hope in my fight against the male pattern baldness. I have tried all means of hairloss products from Proxiphen-n to minoxidil to nizoral. I had no positive results for the two years that I've been fighting my hairloss. Not until I started taking finasteride. I've been on it for 4 months now and have noticed small black hairs where my hair has been receding. I started off with a prescription of propecia, but then I ran across in this forum a link to generic finasteride from an Indian pharmaceutical. It was 80 bucks for 90 tabs. It came in a blister pack, with no label in a simple manilla envelope. I was a little hesitant, but I took them and, well I've definitely seen results. Now my supply is out, so I was going to reorder but am think about switching to dutasteride. That's more pricey. 40 dollars for 30 tabs.

Well, since I've learned pretty much all that I know about male pattern baldness from this forum, I turn back to you guys. What have been your experiences with Indian generics? How risky can it be? Has anybody taken dutasteride with good results? I'm trying to weigh the risk/benefits and I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a generic form of dutasteride after taking the real thing for 90 days. I can't tell any difference.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Blockhead,

I suggest you start by reading the success stories forum if you haven't already to decide if you want to go with dutasteride. A very recent post there addresses a success with dutasteride.

Good Luck

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I loves me some Cipla!

((((( 3 month update thread coming to a CRT or LCD near you! )))))

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Double posting to say that if finasteride is working for you, (esp THAT well) stick with it. Once the finasteride starts losing it's effectiveness down the road, you can switch to dutasteride, and then you'll have a few more years to make your next move.

blockhead

Reaction score
It's not working that well. All I got is some very minor velous hairs growing at my temples and my hairline. I didn't get the finasteride from cipla. I ordered from some site for generics and just got some unlabled pills. I will go with Cipla brand next. But I have heard much excitement about dutasteride and I'm willing to experiment. Cipla makes a generic dutateride and if other users have had good experiences with Cipla I will go with them.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't get any drugs from India because a lot of people found out the drug is not the real thing. If you want to get drugs over sea then get it in Canada. Although the FDA is a very important part drugs you get real and safe and getting drugs out of the country you will not get that.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
ACT10Npack said:
Don't get any drugs from India because a lot of people found out the drug is not the real thing. If you want to get drugs over sea then get it in Canada. Although the FDA is a very important part drugs you get real and safe and getting drugs out of the country you will not get that.

:roll:

Yeah, screw them damned indians and their non-white made medicines. Get the sh*t thats made in india, but sold in Canada.. that will teach them towel heads who is boss of this here world.

G

Bone Daddy said:

Yeah, screw them damned indians and their non-white made medicines. Get the sh*t thats made in india, but sold in Canada.. that will teach them towel heads who is boss of this here world.

LOL!!!!!!

IMPORTANT

Only buy original American finasteride, invented and discovered in America and made in Texas by the American company Merck.

Drugs manufactured in foreign countries will kill you.

India is part of Iran and Iraq.

You have been warned.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:

You have been warned.

Damn, I always thought that. Impure towelheads!

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I hate to break this to you guys but Indians are categorized as Caucasians by the medical community. :wink:

G

ACT10Npack said:
Don't get any drugs from India because a lot of people found out the drug is not the real thing.

who?

ACT10Npack said:
If you want to get drugs over sea then get it in Canada.

I thought you where in the USA? that would mean you don't have to go 'over sea' (sic) to get them from Canada.

ACT10Npack said:
Although the FDA is a very important part drugs you get real and safe and getting drugs out of the country you will not get that.

I will write to the B.M.A. tomorrow to tell them to their drugs are not safe nor are they real.

ugem12

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
Bone Daddy said:

LOL!!!!!!

IMPORTANT

Only buy original American finasteride, invented and discovered in America and made in Texas by the American company Merck.

Drugs manufactured in foreign countries will kill you.

You have been warned.

tyanW, I bought proscar here in Italy from local pharmacy. Actually this proscar is manufactured in Italy with coperation of Merk & Dohme Italy. Packing is same, pills are same and Dohme is liscenced local affiliated of Merk. Merks website also do provide link for Dohme Italy. Should i still consider buying somewhere esle ???

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
tyanW, I bought proscar here in Italy from local pharmacy. Actually this proscar is manufactured in Italy with coperation of Merk & Dohme Italy. Packing is same, pills are same and Dohme is liscenced local affiliated of Merk. Merks website also do provide link for Dohme Italy. Should i still consider buying somewhere esle ???

*tap tap*

I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are worried, just get Proscar. Split its so damn cheap why bother with generics? I am splitting mine 8 ways so 1 pill lasts a long time

ugem12

Established Member
Reaction score
Bone Daddy said:

*tap tap*

I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

Do you think its an good way to help someone out ??

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
If you meant "Do you think that was a good way to help someone out?" in the sense that I was making a joke of your post.. Yes, Yes I think it was.

If your that shielded that you can't recognise blinding sarcasm from Tynan and mines posts, then you need to lurk more. ALOT more.

If you meant "Do you think that was a good way to help someone out?" in the sense of you taking italian distributed Finasteride, then No.

finasteride is finasteride, is finasteride. If it's working for you, then stick with it. If it comes in ziploc bags and looks fake, then switch. If nothing else, for your own piece of mind.

If your that nieve that you can't take a joke, or look at several posts and then make an informed desiscion based on the information in those posts, instead of seeing one and getting a stick in your arse. Then you definately need to lurk more.

You will ALWAYS find 3 groups of people on this forum.

#1 GENERICS RULE OLOL CHEAP
#2 I SUCK MERCK c*** AND MERCK c*** ONLY, AND I ENJOY EVERY MINUTE
#3 HAY GUYZ IM UNDECIDED I SWITCH finasteride TYPES ALOT, CRAP UFO?!?

Pick one, and enjoy!

(Im in the #1 group by the way)

HAVE A NICE DAY!

:hairy:

ugem12

Established Member
Reaction score
Bone Dady, Thanks for helping out, i could't pick it up. As for finasteride results as i just started it so i can't evaluate its working or no. But packing and pills looks fine and its from Dohme ITaly & Merk coperation. So going to stick with it, just posted it because tywan said "Drugs manufactured in foreign countries will kill you.", which may be he was meant towards india ect...

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
He was just being sarcastic, and so was I. Neither of us truly believe that india is a haven for evil, nor are we racist. We were making fun of the paranoid anti-Cipla posts like we always do.

(Tynan is better at it)

Keep on taking what your taking, your fine.

Good Luck!