how old is everyone here?

docj077

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
docj077 said:
I'm 25 and I've been slowly receding since I was 14. I'm right around a Norwood 2 at this point.

yah 11 years and only 1 grade on the norwood...id say thats pretty slow...lol

Excuse me... ssss...llll...ooo...www...lll...yyy.

It's starting to pick up as school is getting to be a lot more physically demanding instead of mentally demanding. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up moving fairly quickly through the Norwood stages this year.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
docj077 said:
docj077 said:
I'm 25 and I've been slowly receding since I was 14. I'm right around a Norwood 2 at this point.

It's starting to pick up as school is getting to be a lot more physically demanding instead of mentally demanding. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up moving fairly quickly through the Norwood stages this year.

how many more years before we can call you Doctor for real?

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 29. I noticed my hair loss when I was about 27. I didn't care much about it at the time because my hair still felt thick all over. Some areas are still thick and some are thinning.

CCS

Reaction score
I've started doing a comb forward. beats looking NW4a.

docj077

Reaction score
docj077 said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":10f78]
docj077 said:

how many more years before we can call you Doctor for real?[/quote:10f78]

Two. I have my basic sciences done and I'm just starting my clerkships.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
docj077 said:
docj077 said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":9e8ec]
docj077 said:

how many more years before we can call you Doctor for real?

Two. I have my basic sciences done and I'm just starting my clerkships.[/quote:9e8ec]

+ residency?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
27 here

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm 21, started noticing thinning at 16, got on snake oil treatments right away but obviously didn't work. I've beeon on avodart for a year now, hairline still receding. I'm prob Norwood 2.75

Sharpshooter

Reaction score
20. Will be turning 21 in august (4th).

I have been noticing moderate recession for about 18 months now. Based on my dad's genetics I don't think I'll go completely bald, but I don't want to be a NW2-3 by 22.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
Zathras said:
I'm 45. Where do the old farts hang out?

My problem has been having fine hair and not enough of it. I'm a diffuse thinner. I hate that kind of thinning. I think it makes me look sick or like a nuclear blast victim.

The thinning has mostly been noticeable and really started bothering me in my late thirties, when it was mostly on the back of my head. Lately, I've noticed much thinning on the front and middle. That REALLY bothered me.

I hadn't given much thought to treatments until lately. I think guys my age view all treatments as snake oil because they all have been until the last few years.

I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for the last 5 months and they have done wonders. Here is my success story:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=38022

My baby fine hair has thickened up a ton and filled in a lot. I think I can pull off a flat top haircut now, something I could never do before. I just had my hair buzzed for the first time and it looks good.

I love this website. It is good to read and talk about things. One thing I keep coming back to in this experience is that most people really don't care what your hair looks like. Your hair doesn't define you to them. I know I don't mind thinning hair on OTHER people. I know it is easier said than done, but we shouldn't let our hair bother us.

Any guys older than me here? I'd love to see how older guys react to finasteride.

allen_australia, have you noticed any improvement from your regimen? I noticed a lack of finasteride and Min in it.

Take care and best wishes to all.
I'm 42.................................................................. but I'm a chic. :D I guess I'm an "old" fartess around here. Diffuse thinning, Androgenetic Alopecia action going on since awhile, but really accelerated over the past year. Thinking Telogen Effluvium is going on too. sigh