how old is everyone here?

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
20, started balding at 17. Bothered me at 17, but I wore my hair long until i realized my thin, limp strips of bacon weren't fooling even me....

The worst part is.....
Father didn't start balding till 40, Grandfather didnt start balding till 60 or so... I figure my kids will be born bald and stay that way lol

CCS

Reaction score
27. Started receding at age 17. NW3 at age 21. Finally started treating it at age 23. Main reason I waited was Merk said Propecia does not work in front.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
28... 18 was when the battle began.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Started noticeably receeding at 15, didnt really bother me at all until I was 22 and realised I was thinning as well, took a year probably to get over that. Im now 24.
Probably a Norwood 3, I dont really know tbh, it either that or a 2 as I havent gone in the crown but have thinned all over(not badly though)

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
started at 19. didnt really care much about it that time. but i'm more worried about it now at 21

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm age 25 and I have been aware of my balding since age 16. My dad was about a NW6 by the time he turned 24. I am now NW2 thanks to starting the "big three" at the age of 21. However, my battle is far from over I think!

IBM

Reaction score
27.. noticed 20/21... looking for maintainace which has been an hard job...

MrSuccessful

Reaction score
I'm 23 years old, noticed some receding at 21 and started regimen at 22.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm 40 now, I personally noticed hair loss when I was about 33. My guess is that my temples were receding in my late 20's.

I started Propecia in 2002, went big3 1/1/07. Have had the top and back thicken up and looks a billion times better.

almo181

Reaction score
im only 17 gonna be 18 in october and it just keeps getting worse, been on rogaine almost a year and nothing but these little white hairs in place and started finasteride about 4 months ago and what not but ya nothin just keeps falling out

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
almo181 said:
im only 17 gonna be 18 in october and it just keeps getting worse, been on rogaine almost a year and nothing but these little white hairs in place and started finasteride about 4 months ago and what not but ya nothin just keeps falling out

Hey Almo,

4 months is not enough for either rogaine or finasteride, I am 9+ months on finasteride and it's only recently that I have noticed an improvement with my hair, I feel for you man, I remember being in the same boat as you at your age, at least nowadays there is treatment available and you are with people who understand how you feel, just keep up the regime for at least 12 months.

Lucky

docj077

Reaction score
I'm 25 and I've been slowly receding since I was 14. I'm right around a Norwood 2 at this point.