How often to wash scalp when using rogaine foam?

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you wash it every day? If you let it go for a few days, will there be too much foam build up on the scalp that more foam won't absorb? At least on the hair you get a ton of build up gunk that you have to wash out, but what about the scalp? Does that need to be cleaned for absorption to occur, or can you go days and all is still well with absorbing it all?

Mobbo

Reaction score
I don't see why you'd want a clean slalp to begin with. I wash it twice a day. Once before each application just like the directions say.

beaner

Reaction score
Mobbo said:
I don't see why you'd want a clean slalp to begin with. I wash it twice a day. Once before each application just like the directions say.

Ummm...you don't need to wash your hair before each application, and the directions don't state that. If your directions do, please post what it says, I'm very curious.....or is it that you're just washing your scalp? I don't believe the directions state to wash anything.

Mobbo

Reaction score
beaner said:
Mobbo said:

Ummm...you don't need to wash your hair before each application, and the directions don't state that. If your directions do, please post what it says, I'm very curious.....or is it that you're just washing your scalp? I don't believe the directions state to wash anything.
i think it`s in the little booklet that comes with it. i could be wrong though. anyway a clean scalp would mean better absorbtion imo. and hair is in my scalp so i guess i wash both.