How Often Does Your System Get Wet?

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

After having a lot of problems with my custom system I switched to a stock which is working out much better so far. My biggest question is regarding getting the system wet. With my custom I avoided doing so because it caused matting/tangling. With this system that doesn't seem to be an issue, so I was wondering if there is any disadvantage of getting a system wet (heavily misting not going under a shower head) for styling purposes. How often does you hair get wet?

Thanks dudes

Fanjeera

Reaction score
For styling I spray some water on it every morning and under the shower twice a week.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

After having a lot of problems with my custom system I switched to a stock which is working out much better so far. My biggest question is regarding getting the system wet. With my custom I avoided doing so because it caused matting/tangling. With this system that doesn't seem to be an issue, so I was wondering if there is any disadvantage of getting a system wet (heavily misting not going under a shower head) for styling purposes. How often does you hair get wet?

Thanks dudes
Shower and rinse every morning. Always condition in the shower and always use leaving as soon as I get out of the shower.

Use a water filter too.

It's not good to shampoo everyday, but there's absolutely no problems getting them completely wet in shower daily.

Noah

Reaction score
When I go home to Scotland it gets wet practically every day ☹️. It doesn't do any harm. A hair system that gets tangled whenever it gets wet would not be a viable proposition. There was something badly wrong with your earlier unit.

Noah

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks dudes

Using water is fine for a hair system. As a matter of fact, I think it's even better than using Leave-In Conditions or any other hair products. In my case , I spray water on my hair system (0.03mm UTS) whenever I remove my motorcycle , Mountain bike, ski helmets after wearing that for hours. The hair smooched down flat and I always spray water to re-style it the hair. Btw, I don't use any helmet skull head wrap.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks dudes

How long is your hair?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wet my hair maybe a million times a day. I love having hair now, and restyle it on the regular.

As far as shampoo is concerned, I avoid it as much as I can.

@TooBad: When you say you condition every day, do you mean you use standard rinse-out conditioner while in the shower?

You don't find it loosening up your knots?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wet my hair maybe a million times a day. I love having hair now, and restyle it on the regular.

As far as shampoo is concerned, I avoid it as much as I can.

@TooBad: When you say you condition every day, do you mean you use standard rinse-out conditioner while in the shower?

You don't find it loosening up your knots?

Yes, rinse out and leave in daily. No knots on a poly ;however, same is suggested with lace. You just don't put the conditioner on the knots, stay about a 1/4 inch off the base.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, it doesn't loosen your V Loops?
No..... You're not rubbing it into the base. I use a wide tooth comb and brush forward...apply conditioner ...brush back...tad more conditioner...Then comb left....then right...let sit a couple minutes and rise.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Conditioner, the rinse out type, does a reasonable amount of cleaning too, doesn't it?
Not sure. I'm a strong proponent of using a product for its intended purpose. Shampoo to clean conditioner to condition..... regarding shampoo I used to do twice a week but now I stretch out to probably once every week or week and a half.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Using water is fine for a hair system. As a matter of fact, I think it's even better than using Leave-In Conditions or any other hair products. In my case , I spray water on my hair system (0.03mm UTS) whenever I remove my motorcycle , Mountain bike, ski helmets after wearing that for hours. The hair smooched down flat and I always spray water to re-style it the hair. Btw, I don't use any helmet skull head wrap.
Why do you think water is better than leave-in conditioner? What is wrong with leave-in conditioner? Doesn't it help keep the hair shiny, healthy and less faded?
Conditioner, the rinse out type, does a reasonable amount of cleaning too, doesn't it?
Once a week I only actually wash with conditioner, the other time with shampoo and conditioner.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score