How often does everyone wash their hair??

need_hair04

Reaction score
I read an article that washing your hair too often (such as every day) can damage hair follicles and contibute to hair loss!! Althought it is surely not the sure cause of hair loss, but it seems they say that it speeds up the whole hairloss process!!

Myself on the other hand wash my hair everyday! Just wondering if everyone else washes their hair as often??

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wash my hair everyday but the reason I wash it is because I work out and my hair gets sweaty and I don't like the feeling. I had no problems washing it everyday. I think if you wash it 2 to 4 times a day is what I heard.

The Dude

Reaction score
It also probably depends HOW you wash it. I wash my hair 2 and sometimes 3 times a day. I let the water hit it gently and wait for it to soften up. Then I apply the shampoo to the back first, lathering it up and then bringing the lather forward so as not to knock the front follicles around too much. Just my own two cents on it.

Deaner

Reaction score
Guys, I don't think it really matters. If you're gonna go bald, you're gonna go bald. The most overshampoooing will do is break your hairs, not rip the follicle out of your head. You'd have to do alot more than shampoo (like wash your head using steel wool or something) to make an actual gigantic impact in your hairloss. Basically, if you're gonna go bald, then that's it, it really has nothing to do with shampooing. I've seen people vigorously scratch their head, vigorously towel dry, brush their wet hair with harsh brushes while their hairs getting caught in it, etc, etc all in the same wash session. These people are not going bald!

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah but at the same time, exposing the follicles to too many chemicals being rubbed into them on a regular basis over a long period of time...probably could have some affect.

i prefer to veer on the side of caution. use nizoral 2-3 a week, use a mild shampoo the other days, except have a break day (maybe 2, if your scalp is in good condition) in the week, where you just wash with water alone.