How Often Do You Think About Your Hair?

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a casual thread. I realized I was truly losing hair about a month and a half ago and I think I'm already at the point when the thinning when has become obvious. I find myself thinking about hairloss a lot, and it's definitely unhealthy as it has lowered my confidence and is distracting me from studying. Are you guys the same?

Also, one thing that is funny is that sometimes when I examine my hair in the mirror I will think "I think my hair is looking better...the treatments are working!" and a couple of hours later I will be like "Sh1t it's looking so damn thin and obvious, the treatments aren't doing anything!" It's funny how much my hairloss has been emotional rollercoaster to me. Sad thing is, since I'm only 24, I don't see these feelings going away anytime soon. :-x

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to think and obsessed about it everyday.. That was when I had no self esteem at all. I still think about it, and always will. Just not as much.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
htownballa said:
Also, one thing that is funny is that sometimes when I examine my hair in the mirror I will think "I think my hair is looking better...the treatments are working!" and a couple of hours later I will be like "Sh1t it's looking so damn thin and obvious, the treatments aren't doing anything!"

Ha Ha! This sounds all too familiar. This really screws with your frame of mind. I am always thinking about my hairloss. Its difficult to play sports, swim and go out with friends without thinking about it.

G

im a college student and i check the mirror at least twice a day to see if any of my frontal scalp is showing. if it is, i move some hair over to cover it. it's at the stage right now where i can still hide my balding by combing the front forward and combing a bit over my tiny bald spot in back. i hope it stays that way.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm also 24 and its hard man. I had been thinning since like 22 but never really noticed or cared till I was 23 and had progressed (sounds familiar?)

Its tough. A real confidence destroyer. I remember when I first found out, like you just did. It took me a FULL YEAR to smack some sense into myself and recover mentally a bit. Not saying I'm loving it, just saying I'm slowly accepting it.

G

Another 24 years old guy here! Your experiences remind me on my own hair loss. I can´t concentrate on studying anymore, missed 3 out of 6 exams. I am constantly looking into the mirror. Depending on how it looks it is an emotional rollercoaster for me, too. Hair loss is simply terrible.

bubka

Reaction score
probably a few times a day, when i walk into a building i have to check my hair, though i did this since early hight school, but now its because i like what i see

calgary2800

Reaction score
Age 36 and it just started like wildfire. A whole lot during the day, and parting, cutting my hair to blend in the fading areas.

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
Once your hair improves you will look less guys. you will never forget about it though. Just my personal experiance.

CCS

Reaction score
you'll never forget about it if it is not fully dense. But hawaii male is right as usual. It is well worth researching everything now and getting it right, so you can get the best regimen, relax, and get the hair you want and then forget about it.

G

i dont think too much about it. though i always wonder if people see my kersome in my hair. thats what i most think about. and that very often. especially i think to my hair when i cant take a shower after soccer and have to shower at home because otherwise the other guys would see my hairloss. :cry:

eddie421

Reaction score
I really only think about it when I'm gettting ready for work and have to actually do something to it. Other than that if I'm in front of a mirror or something, I'll obviously check it out. But It's not on my mind all day or anything.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
constantly playin on my mind...all the time...I will be lookin at it all the time...even when I am walkin on the streets I will check them out in the shop glass or anywhere i can see myself....Its so fucked up man...cant do nuthin properly..it sux sux sux..

CCS

Reaction score
I think about it when I look in the mirror, and vise versa. I'll care a lot less when my grafts grow out. It is mostly the hair line that is bothering me, but I have a lot of grafts beneath the surface.

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that after a few good hair days there always comes a totally bad hair day. When I`m having one of the bad days I propably check my hair from every possible mirror or actually from any possible surface that I can see it. I hate it. But for some reason can`t seem to stop.

What I have done is that I`ve stopped looking at mirrors on the elevators. For some reason the lightning in them makes my hair look absolutely awful.

Trebor

Reaction score
Ever since I have been on this site and reading... all the damn time!

G

now i think very much about my hair because i started a new regimen. but i think of it in a positive way because its already improving. :)

r1989

Reaction score
I think about it a lot. Almost all day. And I will until my scalp gets more dense and less scalp is visible in my bathroom mirror.