How often do you take your hair system off?

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious how often you guys take yours off, I don't wear yet but I feel like after 3 days or so I would really wanna wash my scalp.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 days is too soon as the glue will still be sticky and hard to clean off. I have a UTS and do a full-bond, but I assume lace with tape will have the same issues.

You can I believe use daily wear tape with lace.

In my case I mostly do a single layer of glue and that lasts me a week or so, which means I do a weekly removal/clean-up. And that's fine for me. I wouldn't ever want to leave a system on for as long as some companies recommend - 4 to 7 weeks in some cases!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 days is too soon as the glue will still be sticky and hard to clean off. I have a UTS and do a full-bond, but I assume lace with tape will have the same issues.

You can I believe use daily wear tape with lace.

In my case I mostly do a single layer of glue and that lasts me a week or so, which means I do a weekly removal/clean-up. And that's fine for me. I wouldn't ever want to leave a system on for as long as some companies recommend - 4 to 7 weeks in some cases!
You're so right about cleanup w/ glue being a b**ch if you remove early.

I finally got the hang of Ghostbond - SCALP PROTECTOR MADE A MAJOR DIFFERENCE - and I can wear my sh*t forever

Technologic0280

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every.Single.Night.
I tried sleeping with it on, even with silk pillowcases, I woke up with severe bedhead... not wanting to damage or wear it out prematurely, I just started taking it off every night. It feels SO good to let my scalp breathe, wash my scalp before bed, and put new adhesive on, so Im not worried about it coming loose the next day.

Disclaimer: I have a poly perimeter, lace base and use walker tapes ONLY, and only on the perimeter. My last system lasted 15 months, and still is wearable, although its getting thin in spots.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every.Single.Night.
I tried sleeping with it on, even with silk pillowcases, I woke up with severe bedhead... not wanting to damage or wear it out prematurely, I just started taking it off every night. It feels SO good to let my scalp breathe, wash my scalp before bed, and put new adhesive on, so Im not worried about it coming loose the next day.

Disclaimer: I have a poly perimeter, lace base and use walker tapes ONLY, and only on the perimeter. My last system lasted 15 months, and still is wearable, although its getting thin in spots.
Which tape do you use? Is not a chore to clean the adhesive off scalp and system abs then apply tape all over again every day?

Technologic0280

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which tape do you use? Is not a chore to clean the adhesive off scalp and system abs then apply tape all over again every day?
I use Walker tapes, not sure of the exact line because my salon bags them up in little baggies (25 to a bag) and sells them for $3.
I rarely ever have adhesive on my scalp, and if I do, I just use alcohol and a cotton ball. I apply the new tape on top of the old tape, and peel it off when I have 3 or 4, its way easier to peel them off the poly perimeter when they are stacked like that. It rarely leaves any goo on the perimeter, but when it does, I know its time to wash the system, and it comes off then. Once I bought some Walker tapes from my Salon that were super hold, or some kind of variation.. they were awful, were a nightmare to peel off my system, and left goop and goo. I stopped using those, and use the plain ol' tapes with no writing on them. Just my $.00000002 lol

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Walker tapes, not sure of the exact line because my salon bags them up in little baggies (25 to a bag) and sells them for $3.
I rarely ever have adhesive on my scalp, and if I do, I just use alcohol and a cotton ball. I apply the new tape on top of the old tape, and peel it off when I have 3 or 4, its way easier to peel them off the poly perimeter when they are stacked like that. Just my $.0000002 lol
Oh okay, what about actually taking the system off? Would it not be difficult to do so with fresh tape being applied?

Technologic0280

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh okay, what about actually taking the system off? Would it not be difficult to do so with fresh tape being applied?

I take mine off every night, and sleep without it. By the end of the day, it comes off easy enough, I've never had a problem ((shrugs))

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious how often you guys take yours off, I don't wear yet but I feel like after 3 days or so I would really wanna wash my scalp.
Am guessing you have a poly system. I would say try a lace system with poly front. That way you can run water on your scalp through the lace.

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every.Single.Night.

Every day.

Once in awhile I'll go 2-3 days if I'm on a short trip, but even then can't stand not being about to actually scrub and clean.
Nice, do you guys glue the lace front? It seems like that's the only part that might be some hassle at least when it comes to cleaning. Also saying this as someone who's learned about hair systems for a year or so but haven't started wearing yet.

Sounds pretty nice to take a hair system on and off like contacts in the morning and at night, I'm guessing in an extreme case like wanting to swim with it on is when you would need an ultra hold

DarkStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't go longer than 4 days myself as all the tapes and glues I tried cause me awful itching from day 3-4.
Scalp protector does f*** all too.
When I tried every tape and glue out there. I'll probably throw in the towel and give up. And go back to shaving my head. I've tried plenty so far like 15 tapes and 5 glues.
I've tried every base too,thin skin, hybrid and now full French lace.

If I have some skin condition causing it, it's weird because I don't get any itching when not wearing a hair system.

A shame as I really love the hairstyle with a hair system on.

Edit:
Some special tapes that don't use acrylic,have arrived. They took over 2 weeks to come and were expensive.
Hopefully they work out for me. They say up to 3 weeks.
IF I can get MIN 1 week out of them without itching,I will be very happy!
2 weeks or more would be a bonus.

So far acrylic based tapes,I only managed to wear for 3-4 days before they itch like crazy.
And that's WITH Walker max hold sport scalp protector.

Attachments

• 09864C97-E9EB-4854-8FAA-3358463E9AEC.jpeg
    09864C97-E9EB-4854-8FAA-3358463E9AEC.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 8AC4ABED-DF72-4B7D-98AB-249655883ED2.jpeg
    8AC4ABED-DF72-4B7D-98AB-249655883ED2.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Technologic0280

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't go longer than 4 days myself as all the tapes and glues I tried cause me awful itching from day 3-4.
Scalp protector does f*** all too.
When I tried every tape and glue out there. I'll probably throw in the towel and give up. And go back to shaving my head. I've tried plenty so far like 15 tapes and 5 glues.
I've tried every base too,thin skin, hybrid and now full French lace.

If I have some skin condition causing it, it's weird because I don't get any itching when not wearing a hair system.

A shame as I really love the hairstyle with a hair system on.
Did you read the posts at all? Take it off every night. You wont get itchy, the adhesive will not have time to irritate your scalp, you wont need to condition your skin. And god damn, does it feel GOOD. lol