How often do you dermaroll at 1.5 or more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanBne

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new here so please be gentle =)

Just wondering if anyone here is rolling with a serious (1.5mm or more) roller more than once a week with minoxidil? I'm thinking of trying twice a week but will await any responses.

Thanks in advance...

Axel

Reaction score
My advice is: "learn to read threads from the start"

Dermarolling twice a week screams "DISASTER". The science behing dermarolling is that of wound-healing. What kind of healing do you expect in 3.5 days? You need a window of 7 to 14 days minimum... Now, go and read the dermarolling thread from the start before you destroy your scalp forever.

DeanBne

Reaction score
My bad. I should have explained in my bio that I'm significantly cognitively impaired.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
My bad. I should have explained in my bio that I'm significantly cognitively impaired.
The basic protocol to start for you should be this.
Derma roll with a 1.5mm roller once twice a week. Wait 24 hours and then apply minoxidil twice a day, repeat minoxidil twice a day daily. The harder you roll the better, until you see some blood, or you may want to get a bit gory after you done a few rolls.
Lastly, it seems that it is recommended that one not use anti-inflammatory products after rolling, like keto(nizoral) because it may contradict the wounding process. Obviously clean your derma with alcohol and order a new one when roller goes dull after 12 uses or so.

DeanBne

Reaction score
Sorry. Do I start rolling one or two times a week? I'm getting a bit of blood pushing heavily but not as much blood as some pics I've seen *eyes water*

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but I don't think you should be rolling more than once per week. Like mentioned above, wounding is only one half of the process and you have to give your skin time to heal.

I just started recently and after waiting only one week between my first two rolls, I waited two weeks before my third roll which was earlier today. I plan on waiting two weeks between my next few rolls as well; once I need to replace my current roller, I plan to buy a 2.0mm (using 1.5 right now) at which point I might up the time to three weeks.

Just remember derma rolling is relatively new and all the kinks have not been worked out yet, so no one knows what the ideal wait time between rolls is.

Status
Not open for further replies.