How much scalp DHT is made in the scalp?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Armando Jose wrote:
Dear Bryan;

I think that COMPLETE androgen-insensitivity syndrome is not real. The study in polymorphism in androgen receptor is not yet completed.

If it's not absolutely 100% complete, it's damned CLOSE to being complete! Like maybe 99% complete! Do you really think that would make much of a difference, Armando?

The total absence of androgens in a person is very strange if not impossible, how percentage of people suffer this condition? Surely less than 1% (100-1= 99). Possibly life is not compatible with the total absence of androgens.

Armando Jose wrote:
By the way, have you evidence of the no-existence of hormones in scalp hairs before puberty. I think that a simple biopsy could be very informative.

No, I've never heard of scalp biopsies being done in children just for experimental purposes like that. I agree that it would be quite interesting, though.

Bryan

This simple experiment must be test, in order to reinforce or displaced the current theory about common baldness.

Armando

powersam

Reaction score
i doubt many parents would let a doctor remove a chunk of skin from their childs head for 'experimental' purposes. especially if the experiment was concerning something not even close to life threatening such as hair loss.

of course if you hit up the third world countries and paid them in rice i'm sure you could get some takers. probably even buy a few children if thats what floats your boat.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Armando Jose said:
The total absence of androgens in a person is very strange if not impossible, how percentage of people suffer this condition? Surely less than 1% (100-1= 99). Possibly life is not compatible with the total absence of androgens.

You wouldn't be avoiding the point I'm making, would you, Armando? So what do you think about the fact that people with a complete (or NEARLY complete) absence of androgenic stimulation and little or no sebum production have thick, luxuriant scalp hair?

Bryan

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well Bryan.. since you are knowledgeable and pretty much know the circumstances that will keep healthy, thick hair, why not become an advisor to some phramaceutical company or create some plan for a baldness cure. You might know more than the most seasoned dermatologist or scientist out there that have not culled as much information from as many different sources as yourself. Maybe you already know the cure and they dont