How much minoxidil should i use?

Nightcrawler

Reaction score
Hello dear comrades in arms against thinner hair!

I´m 24 and new to this forum. I really checked a lot of threats, but don´t find a real answer to my question:
i use rogaine 5% primarily to stop my temples from loosing more hair, but i use it also on the rest of my hair....you never know :)
So i often get the impression that the suggested dosage isnt enough for my scalp. So can I use more Rogaine or is it really dangerous for my health etc... as the manual tells?

BTW: I´m loosing hair since I was 15, but I still have most of it left except for my growing temples. I used minoxidil 2% for the period of 1 and a half year without any real result,now i´m trying rogaine 5% for 6 months.

My English seems a bit rusted...apologies from Austria

G

Depends. If you just want to fill out the temples then .5ml is enough for both temples.

For temples I would use 5% minoxidil and put on .5 ml.

Nightcrawler

Reaction score
thanx for your answer...

so it´s allright if I use more than the amount of 1 ml when treating the rest of my hair?

I mean get the impression from the rogaine-instruction that using too much of it is affecting negatively on the hair growth or is the just speaking of the side effects?

so does it matter if i use more if i think that my scalp isnt getting enough minoxidil from the 1ml dosage?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
The manufacturers would recommend using only 1ml so that, insurance wise, they're covered if somebody uses a large amount of minoxidil and then develops side effects as a result.

If you need to use more than 1ml per application to get sufficient minoxidil on your scalp then that's what you should do.