How Much Liquid Rogaine For Entire Scalp Per Day?

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Package says 1ml twice a day, but it also only says to apply it to the vertex.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can get 1.5ml to cover all of my problem areas. Lots of people use 2ml and I know some go crazy with like 5ml but only once a day. With the foam I don’t even measure som I’m pretty I’m sure I’m greatly overdosing but I don’t use it very often.

I think you should experiment until you find the right amount. Any more than .5ml on my crown and that sh*t starts to drip all down the back of my head but I’m also not thinning as bad as some are in that area. I don’t think your scalp needs to be soaking with the stuff especially if you’re rubbing it in or derma rolling for absorption. Also something like 10% goes systemic anyway so it kind of permeates throughout the scalp. Hope that helps some.

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can get 1.5ml to cover all of my problem areas. Lots of people use 2ml and I know some go crazy with like 5ml but only once a day. With the foam I don’t even measure som I’m pretty I’m sure I’m greatly overdosing but I don’t use it very often.

I think you should experiment until you find the right amount. Any more than .5ml on my crown and that sh*t starts to drip all down the back of my head but I’m also not thinning as bad as some are in that area. I don’t think your scalp needs to be soaking with the stuff especially if you’re rubbing it in or derma rolling for absorption. Also something like 10% goes systemic anyway so it kind of permeates throughout the scalp. Hope that helps some.
How long should I wait after derma rolling to apply?

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long should I wait after derma rolling to apply?
If you’re doing it for increased absorption use a .5 -1 mm needle length and go at it lightly. Induce some redness but no blood. Then apply topicals directly to the same areas immediately after. If you are doing it akin to the studies to achieve neo genesis then you’ll want a 1.5 mm as often as once a week or as little as once a month. Then you wait 24 hours to apply any topicals. With this method you should see some little bits of blood. This does nothing for absorption rather it uses the natural healing process to attract growth factors to benefit the hair.

Someone just recently made a post about growing back their temples and said that they were derma rolling for absorption 3 times a week or something. It seems to be working for them.

Just make sure you aren’t doing it so often that you’re damaging your scalp. That would be bad for hair.

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing 1.5mm until bleeding 1-2/ week wait 12hr, apply,

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can do it as often as you’d like but all the benefits of rolling at 1.5 don’t come until 3 weeks after each wounding. Waiting 12 hours likely does nothing to increase absorption..

Last edited: