how much is your hair worth?

CCS

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
College, as much as I admire you for your provocative thoughts, I find that your perspective on life, especially women, to be rather shallow.

My friend, **some** women want these things: money, better sex, hair, etc...

But these superfluities amount to nothing...

You really should value yourself more, and realize that hair and good looks are nothing when compared to how you appreciate yourself.

If a woman sees that you respect and value yourself so much that materialstic things don't weigh you down, then she'll no doubt respect you, too.

Anyway, that's enough ranting.

who says I don't respect myself? I just said I know I can't get a pretty woman. And if women are shallow for wanting hot men, then we are all shallow for wanting hot women. Are you asking me to show my self worth by marrying a fat woman? Well I won't.

I agree though that not having to work agian is tempting. Imagine all the time i could spend travelling or sitting on a beach. No kids, not woman, no expenses. Just my volcs wagan van and sleeping bag perhaps, and a shared appartment so I can travel all I want. Very tempting. I could even take a woman with me on this trip. That or work hard and get a prettier woman with my hair. Yeah, it is not a very easy decision, but I still think I would take the hair. Maybe if I shaved my head i'd look younger, but it would be a risk. if I looked old, the women would stay away.

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I think it is messed up some people have huge flaws that are out of their control. i think in an ideal world, we should just have to build muscle, stay trim, and make money, to get ahead, instead of being born with genes for good hair or a big penis or a good face. Yeah, we can compensate, but every other guy out their is trying to compensate for not being a 10, so we still get the short end.

CCS I think you are very bright Kid and you will have great future in your field but what I see from your post that even if you had a full head of hair you will be working on penis enlargement pill or some other thing that you don’t have.. Just take what you have been given in life and play with it.

(By the way keep working on GTE I am following that very closely :D )

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
College, you can't get ANY girl if you dick around on HairLossTalk.com all day. Don't worry about marrying a fat woman - your misconceptions about women and dating are so creepy that a beached whale wouldn't give you a second look. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but someone needs to level with you...what's keeping you from getting women has nothing to do with your hair or looks. I can say that without ever having seen a picture of you.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
dear college,

why will you only consider THE perfect woman?

the fact is that she doesnt exist....the pictures you see in glossy mags of superglamourous girls are all airbrushed anyway to enhance their appeal.

why dont you just try dating somebody for the experience....you may think you are totally and utterly boring, ugly and that no woman could possibly be interested in you but you just might be surprised.

there is somebody for everyone if you care to keep an open mind.

besides, they all look the same in the dark.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
a million dollars aint nothing now a days. that would be gone in less than a year. maybe 10 million! with that kind of money, you can buy all the hot chicks you want not to mention the hot cars and houses that the hot chicks dig on!

CCS

Reaction score
ginald said:
dear college,

why will you only consider THE perfect woman?

the fact is that she doesnt exist....the pictures you see in glossy mags of superglamourous girls are all airbrushed anyway to enhance their appeal.

why dont you just try dating somebody for the experience....you may think you are totally and utterly boring, ugly and that no woman could possibly be interested in you but you just might be surprised.

there is somebody for everyone if you care to keep an open mind.

besides, they all look the same in the dark.

I never said i want "the perfect woman". I said i want an above average looking one (or average college student), who has a lot in common with me.

I think the only reason you'd say that when I never said that is because you can't refute what I say, so you change what i say to something else that is easier to refute.

CCS

Reaction score
hairwegoagain,

I agree that it is not possible for me to get a date if I'm on HairLossTalk.com all day. That is why I plan to start reading my math book down by the pool each day near sunset when the shade comes in. I live in a donut shaped 4 story complex with all the balconies facing the pool, so if I'm out where I can be seen, there is a chance I might meet someone, compared to no chance in my room.

As for the beached whale statement, I've been hit on by many women who are just 20 pounds overweight. I think I got pretty decent odds if I just figure out what to say. Most people don't like making the first move, so i'll get a lot more tail if I do. But there probably is a way to do it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Things work out differently for everybody:
Sure if you look like Brad Pitt you can just go into a club and walk up to any Hot woman and get her to come back to your place for sex, and you can do this every night of the week. This is one of the many benifits of being good looking. You might notice that goodlooking men and women tend to date many more people than us mortals and that they are never single for very long because they have no trouble attracting a partner.

But for many people its different:
If you dont have the looks that make people fall at your feet then its more complicated. For a start your choice is a lot more limited. Going after the best looking woman you meet is likely to end up with you being rejected. But then again to a certain extent its true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You may see a girl who most people think looks average but has something special that appeals to you. And if you think that the only way to meet a girls is by chatting up a stranger thats not the case. Your ideal woman could be anywhere at work, living next door or at the gym. Sometimes its best to get to know them first to find out if you think you'll be compatable. After all that gorgeous girl could turn out to be a self centred b**ch. Many of the best looking ones are to used to having people pandering to them.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds like some of you think hair is the only thing that makes a person good looking. yes, it may help but not everyone with a full head of hair is good looking! it takes a lot more than just hair to get a woman.

i would say that my wife is above average in appearence and has a good body. to much my surprise, she thinks sean connery is one of the hottest men alive. he aint got no hair!

bottom line is that if you don't try to ask women out, then you'll never know if you can score. hey, the worst thing that can happen is they can say NO! just move on to the next one.

G

i see it like this. if you earn 30 000 netto per year which is nice and you work 40 years you just get 1.2 millions. so if you have one million you dont have to work anymore. and remind, you even can invest this money into stocks or something you get much much more in these 40 years.

so anyway i would take the million. thats much more worth than hair. hm is out the door so in some years you anyway can *buy* hair. so i would always take the million over hair. :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
There's no doubt that some people do an excellent job of being ugly despite having a full head of hair. But the fact is that for most guys going bald has a devastating effect on their appearance. Even the most handsome men would probably be at least 20% uglier with a bald head. So losing your hair does count against you bigtime.
But you do have a point its just one part of the overall picture. Personality counts just as much as looks but you cant judge someones personality as quickly or as easily as you can judge their looks.

Connery is hot !!?
Then why does he always wear a wig in his movies? I've said it before but if he was a normal guy working a crappy job I dont think he'd get many women, whereas Brad Pitt for example could get women with his looks even if he was'nt rich and famous.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So Ginald,

Did you get your million dollars from the aliens? If not, tell them I'm in bro! :D

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
So Ginald,

Did you get your million dollars from the aliens? If not, tell them I'm in bro! :D

well, nat i'll tell you.

i took the million dollars and the head alien asked me why i had chosen the money rather than a lovely shiny full head of beautiful black hair.

i said "well you see chief, i've been bald now for so long that i've forgotten what it's like to have hair. in all that time i havent ever had to think about combing my hair, it doesnt ever need grooming or washing or drying or styling. my girlfriend swears she adores the shaved look and loves the feel of a bare skinned dome and that rough bristly feel of a 2 day growth if i have neglected to shave the head."

in short, nat, i have learned to co-exist peacefully and happily with my follically challenged status.

hair like a flashy car is over rated.....i can get by on a bald pate and a small ford

G

hey i know what i would take. i would take both. :p at least in real life i am trying to get both. even if thats in your dream world not possible. :p

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
There's no doubt that some people do an excellent job of being ugly despite having a full head of hair. But the fact is that for most guys going bald has a devastating effect on their appearance. Even the most handsome men would probably be at least 20% uglier with a bald head. So losing your hair does count against you bigtime.
But you do have a point its just one part of the overall picture. Personality counts just as much as looks but you cant judge someones personality as quickly or as easily as you can judge their looks.

Connery is hot !!?
Then why does he always wear a wig in his movies? I've said it before but if he was a normal guy working a crappy job I dont think he'd get many women, whereas Brad Pitt for example could get women with his looks even if he was'nt rich and famous.

Good personality means being happy settling for someone you are not attracted to, and conveying that happiness to them so they don't feel as bad about settling for you. We we say someone has a bad personality, we are not taking about guys who go around peeing in parked convertables. We are talking about guys who turn down women they area not attracted to or complain that they can't date who they want. If I tell a joke to a hot woman, and she knows I want to date her, and does not laugh at the joke because she does not want to lead me on, does that mean she has a bad personality? No. If she gives up on trying to get a date because she can't get the guys she wants, does that mean she has a bad personality? No. The attributes of a "bad personality" don't occure in a vacuum.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even if the deal was 10million $$ i would give up anything for 1cm of hair line and a couple of thousand hairs in the rest of my scalp. Well unless there was some thing of hair-cloning transplants where u can get like a million hairs in ur haid :p

humpthewhales

Reaction score
I'd definitely take the hair. Money really is meaningless to me at this point... whoever it was who said they would rather be poor and have hair over being rich and bald is accurate in my books. Self satisfaction is the key to happiness, not yachts.

G

Taking the money is a very easy decision evn for a NW7. IF it's 10 million bucks, for example, HM will be here very soon and you'll easily be able to afford that with tons left over.

humpthewhales

Reaction score
You sound so sure dude... I think it would be absolutely awesome if it pans out, and pans out within the next few years...but there's a lot of stuff that could get in the way of it working AND the results may not be as stellar as we would hope.

Man... imagine it was the solution. Hell yeah..

Either way, I'd still take the hair, enjoy my life about a million times more, and have the motivation to earn that money on my own.