how much is propecia in the uk?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also I am a student... would i get a discount?

jd24

Established Member
Reaction score
inhousepharmacy.co.uk
get the generic form

you will be all on your own with it, but a years supply will work out at around £100 a year
instead of at least £50 a monthish

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's a private prescription, so probably no discount.

my propecia costs me £120 for three months worth. you'd be better off cutting proscar into quarters mate, much cheaper.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I get mine from boots as part of their hair retention programme. Works out at £30 for 28 days.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
jd24 said:
do you get check ups and stuff with that?
Only three weeks in, so far I have only had an initial consultation and the first months worth of finasteride. They take photos and have follow up consultations after 1 month to start with. Then another two months later and after that every 3-6 months. They also take pictures for comparision. It works for me, means I can get finasteride without taking time off work to see my doctor and I know the stuff will be legit. It was the convenience rather than the consultations and photos that led me go with them tbh.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bloody hell that sounds like quite a lot of money. Can you tell me more about the Boots programme; what it involves and how much it is? Also i like this proscar idea but cutting a tablet into five pieces... that sounds really tricky.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
Bloody hell that sounds like quite a lot of money. Can you tell me more about the Boots programme; what it involves and how much it is? Also i like this proscar idea but cutting a tablet into five pieces... that sounds really tricky.
Just go to the Boots website and select the store locator. It gives you the option to tick what services you need. Chose hair retention, pop in your post code and they will tell you the nearest stores offering the programme. It costs £30 for 28 days (or £7.50 a week).

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And with this £30 you get a months supply of finasteride and what else? .. I know from expereince that people on this site are more informed about hair loss than most doctors .. so all the talkign cra* will be irrelevant to me ... i want to know what drugs they give you for 30 pounds.

Pondle

Reaction score
Person, get Proscar (5mg dose of finasteride) from Dr Ascroft and cut it into fifths. It works out at £8 per month. Or get Dutas from Inhousepharmacy.co.uk and take it twice a week. The monthly cost comes in at less than £6 then.

Dr Ashcroft's contact details are: Dr John Ashcroft, Tel: 07971 472823,
email: jsashcroft@doctors.org.uk

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
And with this £30 you get a months supply of finasteride and what else? .. I know from expereince that people on this site are more informed about hair loss than most doctors .. so all the talkign cra* will be irrelevant to me ... i want to know what drugs they give you for 30 pounds.
Just Propecia. You can always try what Pondle suggests if cost is an issue. It works out a lot cheaper that way. A combination of laziness and worries about my wife getting pregnant and accidently handling the broken bits is all that stops me doing the same.

Andyuk2007

Reaction score
jd24 said:
inhousepharmacy.co.uk
get the generic form

you will be all on your own with it, but a years supply will work out at around £100 a year
instead of at least £50 a monthish
I've looked at the Generic version and would like to know is it exactly the same as the £30 version ? as surely with it being so cheap they have skipped on something or perhaps the quality isnt as good.

please put my mind at rest plus is anyone using the generic version of propecia ?