How Much Improvement Can I Expect Out Of finasteride On Such Thin Hair?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep my hair clipped ... 0.5mm trimmer. sigh.
I can't do anything else, hair is very, very thin on most of my head... I'm not balding in a clean pattern... I guess this is what diffuse thinning is.

I started finasteride on April 1, 2016. Hair stopped shedding completely in a few months. But that's it. Haven't seen any improvement. Was using min for two years too... but I don't think it did much more than grow some fuzz.

Now, I have this very, very thin hair on my temples. If I run my finger on it, I can feel hair there... very sparse, but there. In dim lighting, I could pass for a full head. The rest of my head is fine as long as I keep my hair so short. But my temples are terrible.

Can I still expect thickening of these temple hair?
Here's the best description I can give of my temple hair: It's too thin to look like any hair at all in the sun. Even under normal indoor lighting.
But, when I look close in the mirror, they look black, like the rest of my hair, just too damn thin to make any cosmetic difference. They grow to 1...maybe 2 mm, while the rest of my hair grows out lengthy

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure swoop?
I've heard from members here that it takes well beyond a year for thickening/regrowth to show. IF any will show of course....

I feel like off-ing myself after reading this. But I do still want to hear the truth. Won't do me any good to try selling lies and false hope to myself