How Much Hair Should I Be Seeing In The Basin At The End Of The Day?

baldyboy21

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 22 male, and I don't really comb my hair (even in the morning), and neither do I shower in the morning as well. All these means that if there's any dropping of hair throughout the day it will probably get stuck in my hair since my other hair just traps it.

The reason why I say that is because I was just doing some homework, so I justwas just fiddling with my hair and I saw maybe 3-5 strands of hair. I then went to do a light pull test in the basin before I showered, and I saw roughly another 10 - 15 strands of hair in the basin. When shampooing and aconditioning, i glanced maybe another 5 - 10. Is that normal for an average day?

Last edited:

Brandt_Hammack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well on average, most people can lose roughly 100 hairs per day! We have about 100,000 hairs on our head so unless you're pulling an excessive amount of hair out with ease, I wouldn't worry man! :)

FrankieNYC

Reaction score
After you shower and dry your hair, none to 5 strands at most. After you wake up in the morning? A sh!t load. Over 50+ even

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its pointless counting. Whether you lose 100 or 5 in a normal person those hairs grow back. Did you ever pull out chest hairs? They are strongly anchored there, and grow back easily. In a normal person the same happens with head hair all of them just grow back.
If you have male pattern baldness they grow back shorter, thinner, and with less pigment. They keep doing it until they basically vanish and eventually die off. If you see a bald spot then worry. Its very slow usually so you have plenty of time.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't count your hairs you will drive yourself crazy. Worry more about general changes (e.g., hairline receding more, etc.) in your hair.

I remember taking a shower at my female "friend's" house and it look like there was a small animal in her hair catcher. People can shed a lot of hair without actually "losing."

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always do the pull test after shower, one hour after. I'll do it before. Just after i wake.