How Much Hair Is Normal To Lose When Showering.

Zack Niklas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am new to this website so before I begin talking about my experience, keep your roast cards in your belt.

Now onto to the experience, everytime I shower I can lose up to 20 hair strands, so I wondered is that normal? The second thing is, at the end of every hair strand I can see a little white bulb, is that normal too? And the third question is, if hair falls out from the root, does it grow back?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am new to this website so before I begin talking about my experience, keep your roast cards in your belt.

Now onto to the experience, everytime I shower I can lose up to 20 hair strands, so I wondered is that normal? The second thing is, at the end of every hair strand I can see a little white bulb, is that normal too? And the third question is, if hair falls out from the root, does it grow back?

I think losing 20 hairs would be perfectly normal if they're distributed all over the head. I lose that many but they all come from the front, which worries me.

As far as the white bulb, I'd like to know about that too. I usually don't have white bulbs on hairs I lose, but yesterday I noticed two of them, and there were two hairs in each bulb.

Maxihair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people have about 100,000 hairs on their heads and lose around 100 to 125 hairs per day (imagine trying to count each one). Alopecia, the medical term for normal hair loss, occurs because scalp hair grows in cycles. Each hair follicle undergoes a growth stage that lasts two to eight years, followed by a two-month resting stage where no growth occurs. Then, the hair strand falls out and a new one begins to grow in its place

PhilQC281

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me during the last 2 months , i noticed that i lost a lot of hair on my scalp and i start to count it . Well , the better i could count it .
So for the last month it varies to 20 if its a good day , and 100 if i do shampoo .

I just use nizoral 2% since 2 weeks and the shed continue .
I use a dermaroller too , 1 times a week .

I just broke up with my girlfriend earlier in March , and ive noticed the shed at the end of April . Maybe its just a emotional shock .
I will wait a little before starting minoxidil or finasteride if i got a regrow since a feel better now .

thx for reading me .