how much Finas can i take?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Bryan said:
DoctorHouse said:
Just don't Overdose on Propecia. You may start having a LITTLE limp like I have. I now have to use a BIG Cane to overcompensate for my LITTLE problem. :roll:

Hard to say what an "overdose" is, though. I personally would probably draw the line at about 20 mg/day of finasteride.

Bryan

Psssssst. Hey budy, I think he was joking, lol!

He may have been joking about something or other (I'm not sure what), but I was serious.

Bryan

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
sl said:
Is it dangerous to take 5mg Finasteride for about 4-5 weeks?

Human volunteers in early testing of finasteride took 80 mg (!) every day for a few months, with no harmful effects. Does that answer your question? :wink:

Bryan

Can you back up this claim? A reference would be nice........

Also, in a few posts down, in referring to "overdose" levels, you say that to be safe, you would stay at 20mg/day or below. Why 20, if people took 80mg every day with NO harmful effects?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whilst staying at a friends this week I took an uneven bite of my Proscar, I'd say roughly half of it broke off but as I was in a rush i just swallowed it, the following morning my left testicle felt like it was going to explode.. almost unbearable at times.. I'm almost certain it was the finasteride.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
Whilst staying at a friends this week I took an uneven bite of my Proscar, I'd say roughly half of it broke off but as I was in a rush i just swallowed it, the following morning my left testicle felt like it was going to explode.. almost unbearable at times.. I'm almost certain it was the finasteride.

The only side I have ever experienced with finasteride is exactly this. However I have been on propecia (constant 1mg dose) and only on two or three days out of the full year that I've been on it have I felt this slight pain, and on only my right testicle. Haven't had this side in a long time though.

I recently switched to proscar, haven't had that problem though but I'm thinking about upping the dosage a bit (maybe 2.5mg) to see if I get this side-effect again. I Just want to get a feeling for how my body reacts to finasteride at higher concentrations.

anyone else experience this side effect when you go a bit over your proscar tablet?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
blakes30 said:
Bryan said:
sl said:
Is it dangerous to take 5mg Finasteride for about 4-5 weeks?

Human volunteers in early testing of finasteride took 80 mg (!) every day for a few months, with no harmful effects. Does that answer your question? :wink:

Bryan

Can you back up this claim? A reference would be nice.....

It's right there in the package insert for Proscar. I haven't seen the package insert for Propecia, but it's probably in there, too.

blakes30 said:
Also, in a few posts down, in referring to "overdose" levels, you say that to be safe, you would stay at 20mg/day or below. Why 20, if people took 80mg every day with NO harmful effects?

It's just my own personal sense of what would be a reasonable and safe level of finasteride to take. There's probably a certain extra margin of safety built into my admittedly rather arbitrary choice, but we all have to draw an arbitrary line _somewhere_ with something like that.

Bryan