how much dutast/per day?

nawlins99

Reaction score
i currently use 1.25 mg of finasteride a day...3 yrs now...never noticed growth but hir has always fallen out the same amount...now im switching to dutast.its more expensive. do i use .5 mg/day or every other day...ALSO, does anyone use finasteride and dutast together or is that a nono? if it is a nono then why do ppl use minoxidil tih either of the 2...thankssssssssssssssss

G

nawlins99 said:
i currently use 1.25 mg of finasteride a day...3 yrs now...never noticed growth but hir has always fallen out the same amount...now im switching to dutast.its more expensive. do i use .5 mg/day or every other day...ALSO, does anyone use finasteride and dutast together or is that a nono? if it is a nono then why do ppl use minoxidil tih either of the 2...thankssssssssssssssss

Use 0.5 mg per day. It's the optimal amount for safety and regrowth.

No point to using finasteride and dutast together. Dutas will block too much dht for finasteride to compete so it will be a waste to take finasteride along with it.

The reason why people use minoxidil with both is that people need to keep using minoxidil to maintain the hair regrown with minoxidil. Dutas and finasteride won't maintain hair regrown with minoxidil.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'd suggest spironolactone or prox-n on your hairline to fight the 104% increase in testosterone in your scalp due to dutasteride.

G

MPBWarrior said:
i'd suggest spironolactone or prox-n on your hairline to fight the 104% increase in testosterone in your scalp due to dutasteride.

that number could very well be wrong and even if it isn't, what's the evidence that the increase is significant enough to harm your hair? dht is much worse than t.

CCS

Reaction score
finasteride increases scalp testosterone by a very low number, like maybe 15% for proscar. I forget. it is on the phaseII page. Anyway, while DHT is worse, avodart inhibits 98.5% of type2 5ar, compared to proscar's 90%. that's an 8.5% difference. The testosterone levels jump from maybe 15% above normal to 104% above normal. It is possible the front could be more sensitive to testosterone than the back, and might be more affected by the large difference in testosterone than the small difference in DHT. I don't know, but I would recommend people at least apply GTE to the front of their head.

DMSO/PG/ethanol in water should be a good vehicle, and a little oleic acid or some oil should protect the skin.

JWM

Reaction score

Why Prox-N? There are no 5ar inhibitors or antiandrogens in Prox-N to combat the scalp test.

CCS

Reaction score
JWM said:

Why Prox-N? There are no 5ar inhibitors or antiandrogens in Prox-N to combat the scalp test.

good catch. i missed that.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Does the AC spray with the saw pawmetto and the green tea help fight the rise in testosterone?

nawlins99

Reaction score
ok, wow, you guys got way too technical for me...bottom line in simple terms plz? (im only used to hearing about finasteride and dutasteride- i can get those products...the rest is what, huh,who?)
THANKS

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
at least get spironolactone cream and put it on the hairline if u get dutasteride.

G

MPBWarrior said:
at least get spironolactone cream and put it on the hairline if u get dutasteride.

my front is not worsening at all on dutasteride even during the shedding. just the top and back are.