How much does the choice of Doctor matter ?

wishtogrowhair

Reaction score
I am about to get Hair Transplant done by a very famous doctor.
With that doctor, while all patients post excellent reviews just after their transplant, I have found a few posts where the patients complain of a lot of transplanted hair having fallen off one year after the transplant.

I was wondering if there could be something wrong with the way the doctor does the transplant, or is this because of carelessness from the patients ?

If the doctor is not at fault then I should not be bothered about these reviews right ?

Petchsky

Reaction score
The choice of Doctor is paramount.

Search the internet long enough and you find all kinds of weirdos claiming crazy **** happened. Chances are they had a transplant, didn't take anything to protect the untransplanted hair and their hairloss continued... the simplest explanation is normally the correct one.

AlexJ1

Reaction score
Choice of doctor extremely important, for some people they often need two trasnplants, and should be told this in a consultation before their first transplant. This is because the hair transplant won't completely remove the problem, they will still be affected by some hair loss, as you naturally loose hair day to day. These people providing negative reviews may feel they had been mislead or not provided with the right information prior to the procedure, make sure you have all necessary questions to ask so you can come away feeling confident.