How Much Does Seti Actually Cost To Make?

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All these alibaba sources are price gouging us with $6-10/g seti

It makes it impossible to do 2g/day seti which is what allergan is doing. Im getting solid maintenance at that dose.

I want to know how much exactly these clowns are price gouging us?

If we could get seti to $1/g than everyone here could do 2g/day and get maintenance without sexual sides.

Last edited:

allthegains

My Regimen
Reaction score
chemical synthesis is usually dirt cheap. They charge as much as people will pay or what their next competitor sells for. If any of these group buys actually came to fruition I bet we could knock the price down to $2 per gram, a very reasonable number.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chemical synthesis is usually dirt cheap. They charge as much as people will pay or what their next competitor sells for. If any of these group buys actually came to fruition I bet we could knock the price down to $2 per gram, a very reasonable number.

From my experience on the private forum and reddit is that GB take forever to complete, a nightmare to organize, and tend to drag on for months.

Most people cant buy 1 year supply of seti in one go. Their would need to be 3-4 consistent GB per year, otherwise people would run out and lose their gains if they were out for 1-2 months untill they could get some more.

allthegains

My Regimen
Reaction score
From my experience on the private forum and reddit is that GB take forever to complete, a nightmare to organize, and tend to drag on for months.

Most people cant buy 1 year supply of seti in one go. Their would need to be 3-4 consistent GB per year, otherwise people would run out and lose their gains if they were out for 1-2 months untill they could get some more.

it's annoying because most people are indecisive and fail to deliberate. Just 10-15 people buying a 3 month supply of SETI would drop the price considerably based on quotes I've gotten from zhechem

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on seti 2g daily for 3 months thanks to all the help from @westonci, there was a time where a group buy was being organized but it fell through. Unfortunately I don’t have the privilege of belonging to the private forum, but am very very interested in getting a group buy going. It’s just so hard to get anything going in the eternal chaos that is hairlosstalk.com

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its probably cheap as f*** to make, however you have to remember these labs in china are having to factor in the opportunity cost of not producing something else with the same capacity and mechanical resources.

EDIT: However that should also mean that they should be able to (if they know how to) produce Fevi at a price that isnt much more expensive than Seti...but obviously we'd only need like a quarter of the dose or whatever

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its probably cheap as f*** to make, however you have to remember these labs in china are having to factor in the opportunity cost of not producing something else with the same capacity and mechanical resources.

EDIT: However that should also mean that they should be able to (if they know how to) produce Fevi at a price that isnt much more expensive than Seti...but obviously we'd only need like a quarter of the dose or whatever

If only we could get an underground lab in North America to make this stuff (i.e like Breaking bad)

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All these alibaba sources are price gouging us with $6-10/g seti

It makes it impossible to do 2g/day seti which is what allergan is doing. Im getting solid maintenance at that dose.

I want to know how much exactly these clowns are price gouging us?

If we could get seti to $1/g than everyone here could do 2g/day and get maintenance without sexual sides.

seti is legit 2000-3000 $ a day if you are taking enough of it.. i have the budget to take 500 mg max and maybe less. Thats why i am not taking it

you are right, it sucks..

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

100% this. The driver of price is supply and demand. eg. In the past 6 months the market price of daro has dropped in half. Not because it's become twice as easy to make. Because as the drug gets closer to market, where people will be taking up to 600 mg twice a day orally, more factories are making it and in larger volume.

By next year I bet daro will be $40/gram maximum, because it's going to become a very important prostate cancer drug and the market volume will be there.

Seti likely won't go down quite so quickly since it doesn't even have a single published study proving it works yet, and it's got a much smaller market (the cosmetic hair market). Therefore fewer factories will make it and there will be less competition to drive the price down.

But it should go down gradually as well. If some good results get published, probably a lot of factories will start making it and you'll see an overnight drop from that.

RU prices have remained artificially inflated for years as there are only a few factories making it and only a few retailers selling it. It is a tiny niche market. The more niche it is, the more you can expect to be gouged.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100% this. The driver of price is supply and demand. eg. In the past 6 months the market price of daro has dropped in half. Not because it's become twice as easy to make. Because as the drug gets closer to market, where people will be taking up to 600 mg twice a day orally, more factories are making it and in larger volume.

By next year I bet daro will be $40/gram maximum, because it's going to become a very important prostate cancer drug and the market volume will be there.

Seti likely won't go down quite so quickly since it doesn't even have a single published study proving it works yet, and it's got a much smaller market (the cosmetic hair market). Therefore fewer factories will make it and there will be less competition to drive the price down.

But it should go down gradually as well. If some good results get published, probably a lot of factories will start making it and you'll see an overnight drop from that.

RU prices have remained artificially inflated for years as there are only a few factories making it and only a few retailers selling it. It is a tiny niche market. The more niche it is, the more you can expect to be gouged.

About RU, is there a particular reason why you haven't added it into your hair loss treatments list two days ago in the Brotzu update thread ?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
About RU, is there a particular reason why you haven't added it into your hair loss treatments list two days ago in the Brotzu update thread ?

hahahaha. I used RU for two years before I got on spironolactone/cypro and then daro. RU is weak man. Really weak. My hair loss isn't even aggressive and the best it could do was slow my hair loss down at high doses.

I only like talking about things I believe have real power. I'm not someone who wants to slow hair loss down. I want to stop it dead and reverse it as much as possible. RU is not the agent for that, unless maybe you're using it in combo with some strong oral anti-androgens just for backup.

Not my cup of tea. I'm long past RU. I've got 60 g sitting on my coffee table. Been sitting there for 6 months. Gonna throw it in the trash one of these days.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hahahaha. I used RU for two years before I got on spironolactone/cypro and then daro. RU is weak man. Really weak. My hair loss isn't even aggressive and the best it could do was slow my hair loss down at high doses.

I only like talking about things I believe have real power. I'm not someone who wants to slow hair loss down. I want to stop it dead and reverse it as much as possible. RU is not the agent for that, unless maybe you're using it in combo with some strong oral anti-androgens just for backup.

Not my cup of tea. I'm long past RU. I've got 60 g sitting on my coffee table. Been sitting there for 6 months. Gonna throw it in the trash one of these days.
Do you use daro as topical treatment ? Or orally?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use daro as topical treatment ? Or orally?

Oral daro would be insane. They use oral daro to castrate the most aggressive castration resistant prostate cancers. It's the strongest androgen deprivation chemical out there. So no I don't do that.

I just use a few mg on my scalp mixed into my topical. Current recipe:

40 mL of solution (20 mL propanediol, 15 mL 96% ethanol, 5 mL water)
0.4 grams desloratadine (1%)
80 mg darolutamide (0.2%)
2 grams niacinamide (5%)

Gonna add some 1% equol or estriol and drop the daro a bit lower (0.15%) and that should be it for me.

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral daro would be insane. They use oral daro to castrate the most aggressive castration resistant prostate cancers. It's the strongest androgen deprivation chemical out there. So no I don't do that.

I just use a few mg on my scalp mixed into my topical. Current recipe:

40 mL of solution (20 mL propanediol, 15 mL 96% ethanol, 5 mL water)
0.4 grams desloratadine (1%)
80 mg darolutamide (0.2%)
2 grams niacinamide (5%)

Gonna add some 1% equol or estriol and drop the daro a bit lower (0.15%) and that should be it for me.
Any results so far?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any results so far?
Started regrowing hair right from the start, had 2-3 months of Telogen Effluvium at the same time, then stopped losing hair completely. It's been months of no longer losing hair now. I shed less now than i did when i was a teenager.

Dangman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to start seti, but the price is holding me back off. I wish there was a somewhat cheaper solution.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
How is fina going for you?

Yeah indeed, I tried micro dosing with 200mg/day but to have complete stopage/slowdown you need 1 gram/day.

But that's around 1500 dollars/year if you're going on a 1 gram/day regiment.

1500$ for a year is pretty dam cheap. I will be doing an experiment soon with oral and topical, going to probably cost me 7k a year.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1500$ for a year is pretty dam cheap. I will be doing an experiment soon with oral and topical, going to probably cost me 7k a year.

7 K a year ??? If you are so rich why arent you getting a 5000 + grafts transplant