How Much Do You Spend On Toppik Monthly?

Grizz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been procrastinating with starting my regimen (mostly because I don't really want to start using finasteride again but it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet). As a result I've lost yet more ground and my styling options are becoming more... limited. I'd like to experiment with using a little toppik to create the illusion of slightly thicker hair as a I work on recovering the lost ground via meds.

I think a little of this stuff will go a long way for me though I'll have to try it for myself to assess how much I'll need. I guess I was wondering how much of this stuff you gentlemen are using? Are you going through a bottle a week or something? Any insight here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
a bottle can last quite a while if you use it sparingly. It all depends how often you use it and how much you apply

Toppik and nanofibres are expensive but there are cheaper ones eg. instanthaironline. They all seem the same to me.

Grizz

Reaction score
Hey Quantum Cat,

Thanks for the feedback man. Guess I've just got to try this stuff for myself!

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't use concealers anymore, but I do know that my Toppik could last for six months to a year, or sometimes more. Of course, that could be because I also used other concealers with it. Toppik to make the hairline more natural-looking and some to make the crown blend better, Prothik for all over, and Caboki to thicken it all up. But even when I just used Toppik, a bottle lasted a pretty long time anyway. For me.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Vinton, why don't you use concealers anymore?

I finally cut in and put on the hairpiece I had been sitting on for years(not sitting on literally ;)), and it is a lot easier and looks better. Also I didn't like breathing in that crap anymore, nor did I like what it did to my bathroom(mostly the Prothik).

Grizz

Reaction score
I don't use concealers anymore, but I do know that my Toppik could last for six months to a year, or sometimes more. Of course, that could be because I also used other concealers with it. Toppik to make the hairline more natural-looking and some to make the crown blend better, Prothik for all over, and Caboki to thicken it all up. But even when I just used Toppik, a bottle lasted a pretty long time anyway. For me.

Thanks for the feedback Vinton. I'm leaning towards not using anything at all honestly, I have enough hair that I can still style it and look decent... I hate the idea of applying this stuff daily and relying on it to maintain the desired effect. Anyways.. just venting, thanks again for the insight.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Vinton. I'm leaning towards not using anything at all honestly, I have enough hair that I can still style it and look decent... I hate the idea of applying this stuff daily and relying on it to maintain the desired effect. Anyways.. just venting, thanks again for the insight.

You're welcome!
Yeah, if I would have had enough hair to at least look decent, I wouldn't have used them. Problem was I have a transplanted hairline, so when the "native" hair behind it disappeared more and more, I kind of had to use them.
But no, if I had to apply concealers every day, I wouldn't have used them then, either. I tried to get as much time as I could out of an application before washing it out and reapplying because it was such a pain, and increasingly time-consuming, to put them on and make my hair look natural. I could never do it daily.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I carry a bottle with me to apply during the day if needed. Only problem is you need two mirrors to see the crown area so I'm practicing getting adept at applying it 'blind' without using mirrors.

I don't use the locking mists but they probably help to keep the fibres in place even longer. On the other hand they could also clump the hairs together therby making the scalp look thinner.

applying fibres is just a routine I've got used to - and I would never go outside without fibres on now

Grizz

Reaction score
You're welcome!
Yeah, if I would have had enough hair to at least look decent, I wouldn't have used them. Problem was I have a transplanted hairline, so when the "native" hair behind it disappeared more and more, I kind of had to use them.
But no, if I had to apply concealers every day, I wouldn't have used them then, either. I tried to get as much time as I could out of an application before washing it out and reapplying because it was such a pain, and increasingly time-consuming, to put them on and make my hair look natural. I could never do it daily.

Thanks again man! I guess the added time and routine is another reason I'm so hesitant to get into this as well. I'm sure I could incorporate it into my morning routine successfully but I already feel like such a prima-donna with my hair styling regimen that the added 5-10 min of toppik application would probably make me feel ridiculous haha. I guess that's just the way it goes though.

I've recently started using a styling paste in addition to hairspray and I've found that the paste really texturizes well and helps me create the effect I'm going for. All in all I'm feeling very lucky that I can still achieve something close to the look I like... even if it's a long way off from where I know it could be.

6months for me, yu don't need to use a lot as it covers very well

Excellent... thanks for the feedback sir.

I carry a bottle with me to apply during the day if needed. Only problem is you need two mirrors to see the crown area so I'm practicing getting adept at applying it 'blind' without using mirrors.

I don't use the locking mists but they probably help to keep the fibres in place even longer. On the other hand they could also clump the hairs together therby making the scalp look thinner.

applying fibres is just a routine I've got used to - and I would never go outside without fibres on now

I'm glad you've found a solution that works for you Cat. Thanks for sharing! I'd imagine the routine is something I could get used to if I decide to go down this road. Appreciate the feeback as usual.

Reaction score
Timely topic for me, I'm currently going through a regular sized topik and nanogen each month. I had my third hair transplant last year and was hoping things would be better, but I'm just as reliant on concealers and it's probably getting more and more obvious. I can't shave because of the scar, my only option (unless my density dramatically improves) is a hairpiece. Although I've always been wary of going that route, my hair is probably 65% concealer currently (and takes at least 30 min to perfect each morning) so I guess it's not much different.

jazzcat

Reaction score
I discovered this thing 2 weeks before. Before that I have never heard about this kind of product.
I have been using the toppik 12g for about 2 weeks. I think it can still last for another week but I am not sure because I cannot see how much is left. Anyway, that is longer than and cheaper than I expected.

dktbcyd184

Reaction score

Applying toppik makes my hair look dull and lifeless.
What styling products do you use after applying toppik to make your hair look less dull??

patrickdublin

Reaction score
I spend about €500 a year I added up so I'm going for the transplant. It's the best option. They're good but over time it makes sense to spend €6000 and get it done right!

AlexieJ

Reaction score
I use Strand Maximizer Hair Fibers, seems to work just as well as Toppik but not as expensive.