How Much Do Shampoo/conditioner Affect The Bond?

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
During my maintenance I usually go in the pattern of

1. conditioner to smooth out the hair and to eliminate any possible tangles

2. shampoo to thoroughly clean the lace of C-22 and anything else

3. Conditioner which I leave in for a few minutes so that the hair is in good shape when I reattach the system.

I’m wondering if using conditioner last might negatively affect the bond though?

Is there a good product to use last to ensure a better bond?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's not on your head, no. You should make sure you thoroughly wash it out before drying and attachment.

Scalp prep goes a long way to ensure a better bond.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's not on your head, no. You should make sure you thoroughly wash it out before drying and attachment.

Scalp prep goes a long way to ensure a better bond.
Thanks for your reply.

for my scalp maintenance I usually use C-22 to clean, shampoo and dry, shave, shampoo again, clean with rubbing alcohol and finish with a scalp protector before reattaching. Would you add or leave anything out of that for a better bond?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

for my scalp maintenance I usually use C-22 to clean, shampoo and dry, shave, shampoo again, clean with rubbing alcohol and finish with a scalp protector before reattaching. Would you add or leave anything out of that for a better bond?

For a better bond no, but stop using C-22 on your scalp, it's not made for that.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a post elsewhere recently about how you shouldn't use wash out conditioner on lace. Only leave in. It apparently loosens the knots.

How true is this?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a post elsewhere recently about how you shouldn't use wash out conditioner on lace. Only leave in. It apparently loosens the knots.

How true is this?

If you soak the unit in conditioner and WORK it into the knots... then yes, potentially. I put on a generous amount, and work it into the hair being careful not to work it down into the base... and leave it on for a short time. I experience almost no shedding whatsoever when I wash our lace systems.