How much are you paying for your gym a month?

GlasgowCelt

Reaction score
12 Pounds Sterling for the year.

Quite a decent gym too has the bare essentials (no swimming pools or anything)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
$10/mo.-- fairly crappy gym and overcrowded environment. There are no freeweights, except for bicep dumbells. The machines are grossly congested. I am definitely thinking about stopping membership.

Tauge, you pay a shitload, man. I take it that it must be a nice gym?

CCS

Reaction score
I pay nothing. My school has a huge, wonderful gym for all students taking at least 3 units. But during the summer I pay $40 for the summer.

hopewas

Reaction score
after a while i just decided to turn my garage into a gym. has everything i need..all free weights. i also have a heavy bag stand with a heavy bag.. a roman chair that includes a dip handles and a pull up/chin up bar, bench press, treadmill,etc...cost me to buy what i'd pay for 5 months at a gym. there are a lot of good equipment you can buy for cheap..you just have to shop around and get the essentials. it's a lot more convenient for me also. i don't have to drive to the gym or wait for a parking space or in a line to use equipment

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe if I were to pay for it that they charge 80.00 a month

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I pay $2.08 a month....and yes it's a good gym(the rec center weight room)....it's almost like my own because no one usually goes there. Has 2 TV's w/ cable, large stero & radio, AC/large fan, bench press, squat, incline, free weights (up to 50lbs), leg press, elliptical, tread mill, bicep curl, ab machine, medicine balls, lat pull down machine, bicycle. Great place to come when I need to take my mind off some things. I pay 25$ a year.

Nene

Reaction score
Averagejoe said:
37$ a Month,YMCA close to me.
I go after 8pm..not crowded and not as many kids.

LOL. Why are you resurrecting this ancient thread? I can't believe people get gym membershps for so cheap. Around my way you won't do any better than 30 dollars a month.

Hound

Reaction score
..old thread I know but..

WOW I can't believe how little everyone is paying for their gym?!

I pay £65 a month ($105) - and that's a cheap discounted referral rate compared to their standard rate of £95 a month ($155), although i bet most people get at least something knocked off that.

It's a good gym but still, I'm paying more in a month than some pay in a year!

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
$65 a month, and that is a 'basic' membership at the YMCA. The advanced membership is closer to $90. Unfortunately, that is pretty much average here. I'm thankful that my work pays $500 of my gym membership as a special incentive, so I end up paying closer to $20/month.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
I never go to a gym... But my local gym is about $30 a month.

I go jogging, summer time I go swimming, now and then I do push ups and chin ups. I have my own beam for chin ups at home. I used to have some weights as well, but I got rid off those.

A soccer match is 10 times better than a session in the gym.

cuebald

Reaction score
Why don't you go to a state gym Hound? Are the ones in London no good? The state gyms in Wales are £23.50 a month and I can go to any state gym in my county for that. = I can go to the one next door to my works on my lunch, and then go to the one by my house on weekends.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
Do people in Europe really pay that much less? $10 for a gym membership is pretty good.

I'm a member at Snap Fitness, a North American chain. It's $50, and doesn't have any amenities, like a change room or sauna...but it is 24/7

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just joined a gym. It's very basic, there are about 25 machines in it. Basically, they have 1 from each machine, and three treadmills. Nothing fancy.

It's got everything I need from a gym.

All for just $6 a month.

I prefer outdoor sports but the summer is starting and its too hot during the day. I want to get up early and go for a run before I go to work, but I always end up going to bed too late. Thats why I joined the gym.

kylelgk

Reaction score
If you have a 24 hour fitness near you... go to Costco website and look for 2 year 24 hour pass for $300... Comes out to about $12.50 a month.