how many Topical DHT inhibitors have you tried?

The Fluke

Reaction score
i've only tried spironolactone, been on it about 4 months combined with 5% minoxidil.

cant say i've noticed any hairgrowth, i'll post some pics sometime. atleast there is some peace of mind that i am tackling the problem.

however, i don't like the smell of spironolactone at all. plus the stuff leaves your hair stuck together like you have heavy hairspray in it.

anyone tried Revivogen or Folligen or all of them, any comparrisons?

thnx.

Cassin

Reaction score
I have been on Folligen for about 2 months now. I love it. I use the Lotion and the Spray. I am using it for scalp irritation only though. Even though Dr Pickart claims Anti-DHT properties, I have little faith in it doing that since after he told me that in an email, I scowered his site for a relavent study to support this and found none.

Now why no internals for you?

The Fluke

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I have been on Folligen for about 2 months now. I love it. I use the Lotion and the Spray. I am using it for scalp irritation only though. Even though Dr Pickart claims Anti-DHT properties, I have little faith in it doing that since after he told me that in an email, I scowered his site for a relavent study to support this and found none.

thanks for the reply Cassin!

i tried Propecia, but it affected my labido. i hear that if you stick with it, the side effects may go away but i've always been anti medication regardless of what its for. to me it just doesnt seem right to screw around with your hormones for what is essentially a superficial problem. this is just my choice and i'm not saying its right or the way to go.

Homie

Reaction score
I've tried (all I can think of off hand):

spironolactone
Green Tea
RU
Zix
Folligen (although I seriously doubt this has any anti-androgen properties)

None did a damn thing for my SLOWLY receeding hairline/temples.

I'm trying revivogen now, but not holding my breath.

I've been on propecia and minoxidil the whole time

The Gardener

Reaction score
I have tried:

Leg of Toad,
Eye of Newt,
Kirklands Lemonade,
and Ginger Root,

RK-20,
and RK-21,
Astroglide,
and female c*m,

I mixed it and stewed it,
and tossed in a bat's ear

boiled and distilled it until it was clear,

skimmed off the frothy foam,
and then took a pee,
and returned to my potion and gave a chant to Doctor Lee,

A dash of Saw Palmetto and a few balls from cows,
then a splash of tabasco that sent smoke through my house,

I poured it into cornrows very neatly on my head,
but I'm afraid it did nothing, just left my scalp red.

G

Cassin said:

It is there somewhere, as I read the cite once. It was done by Japanese researcher and if I recall was done in vitro.

Having said that, I am happy with folligen results and believe that is based on its ability to stop inflammation and keep follicle blood supply intact.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Fluke said:
i've only tried spironolactone...

Oh, so spironolactone is now considered a "DHT inhibitor" in the popular vernacular? :hairy:

I've always said that there's confusion over that term, and there's the proof!

Bryan

The Fluke

Reaction score
Bryan said:
The Fluke said:
i've only tried spironolactone...

Oh, so spironolactone is now considered a "DHT inhibitor" in the popular vernacular? :hairy:

I've always said that there's confusion over that term, and there's the proof!

Bryan

do you have anything worthwhile to say?

The Gardener

Reaction score
I have a high degree of doubt that Saw Palmetto applied in a shampoo carrier would have ANY effect on hairloss. Perhaps if taken internally, some say that, on paper, it should help. But, in a shampoo, no way. Any topical chemical that has to penetrate the skin in order to have an effect, as Saw Palmetto would have to, would require a carrier substance such as alcohol in order to do so.

Skin, for the most part, is waterproof. Keep that in mind. Keep in mind that your body is some 70 or 80% water. Your skin keeps the water in, if it weren't for the skin, you would evaporate away each day. It is a tough and resilient organ of your body and only certain liquid substances are 'thin' enough to pierce it in any sort of measurable volume.

Methinks the Saw Palmetto in that shampoo will pretty much be applied to the hair and scalp, and when you rinse, 99.9% of it washed down the drain along with the cash you spent on this product. It is a money-wasting, snake oil treatment. If they advertized a Saw Palmetto lotion that was alcohol based or based in some other skin-piercing carrier substance, then I would listen. But in a shampoo, no way. It is just like saying that using a shampoo with aspirin dissolved in it would help you cure a headache. Not gonna happen. Fiction.