How many people here no longer need to take finasteride or dutasteride after you that got a successful hair transplant?

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So for those of you that are satisfied with your hair transplant results, do you guys still need to take finasteride or dutasteride to maintain your hair?

Alsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to take medication to prevent your non transplanted hair from falling out. If you have a great hairline transplant and stop taking medication, your crown will thin out

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to take medication to prevent your non transplanted hair from falling out. If you have a great hairline transplant and stop taking medication, your crown will thin out
Aren't those transplanted follicles taken from the donor zone which is immune to DHT? Then how could they thin out?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't those transplanted follicles taken from the donor zone which is immune to DHT? Then how could they thin out?
1. even the donor zone lose density with age meaning hairfolicles from that range get killed

2. often guys who are destinied to become norwood 5/6 with 50 are like norwood 3 with 30 and at that age decided to get a hair transplant to become norwood 2. now what happens when they dont take finasteride? they still end up norwood 6 while the transplanted norwood 2 hairline remains mostly intact, now they have a huge bald spot behind the transplanted area