How many people get avodart from their doctors?

poochy

Reaction score
Is it a prescription a doctor might readily write or do you find it difficult to get. Just wondering since I'm 44 it might be a little easier for me, I could just complain about prostate problems.
How do most doctors react to this request and do alot know about the hairloss benefits?

porad

Reaction score
I got my Rx through medicalwellnesscenter.com .. I'm 25, so I don't think my dr. would readily write the script.

poochy

Reaction score
porad, this site will write you a prescription and you just fill it at your own pharmacy and is covered under your insurance. If this is the case it a really good loophole! Can you confirm?

G

my Doctor writes me scripts every 6 months for avodart. when i see him this summer he will start writing me them for 12 refills, so it will only be once a year. i get it filled at my local pharmacy in the US. genuine real avodart. i don't have headaches like some people on here do about fake drugs. i know what i'm taking is real sh*t, right from glaxo to my pharmacy. and the results speak for themselves. very satisfied.

Sean68

Reaction score
unfortunately you wont be able to go in clutching youre arse and
pretending youve got prostate trouble no. if your surgery is anything like
mine when they put avodart onto the system it should come up as a hairloss
drug as well so youll get rumbled pretty quickly.

its definitely worth doing though - first times the worst but get a repeat script
like jayman if you can

porad

Reaction score
poochy said:
porad, this site will write you a prescription and you just fill it at your own pharmacy and is covered under your insurance. If this is the case it a really good loophole! Can you confirm?
Yes, most pharmacies will fill the script. I, however, have mine filled online.

I don't think most insurance plans will cover it as they prescribe it for hair loss.

Balth06

Reaction score
I got my script from medicalwellness also. Unfortunately they write "for the treatment of hairloss" on the script so some people might have trouble getting their insurance company to cover it. Mine did, but I think I got lucky. Anyway, its much better than ordering from an online pharmacy which is a huge gamble in my opinion.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Doctors are all different. My opinion of mine has sky-rocketed recently. I was speaking to him this week about the possibility of getting on dutasteride at a later date, and I was shocked when he said he would consider it. Roughly paraphrasing him, he said: "Well, we've already got you on finasteride, and since dutasteride is so similar it seems logical that I could prescribe it."

I was stunned!

Incidentally, he warned me about buying from internet pharmacies (he brought it up the topic - he must have guessed I was considering it), saying that the chances of getting fakes were much, much higher.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
i got mine no problem from my doctor. at the time i had no coverage(i do now) so he also gave me 4 months of avodart samples. awesome!