How many of your friends/sibbling are balding?

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Good thread but there's one important question missing, the answer to which can't be proven.

How many of your friends do you suspect are treating hairloss successfully?

All your mates or relations might have norwood 1's but they could have been popping the Propecia for years !

In answer to the question I'm 36 and of friends who are the same age as me I'd say about a third are showing signs of hairloss, nobody seems to have lost that much, but we're the first gen to have had propecia and minoxidil.

At work where i'm the average age around 3/4 yes 3/4 seem to show hairloss, i've always put it down to being full of IT boffins.

Kingreggie91

Reaction score
If I'm completely honest, I'm the only one of all my circle who's losing there hair. And I'm talking 10-15 of us. From ages 18-30. It kinda sucks. I mean they all are like NW1-NW1.5 and possibly NW2, POSSIBLY. And it sucks to be the only one with hair loss. Most of them are kool and never bring it up or make a big deal out of it but there has been an occasion or 2 where one of them were an a**h** and said something about it, and one time it happened in front of a group of girls.

Neith

Reaction score
I'm 27 and almost a Norwood 3. My brother (25) has hair loss identical to mine. My youngest brother (19) hasn't shown any signs yet. My dad I'd say is a Norwood 4 or 5 (I can't quite recall the back of his head right now).

shookwun

Reaction score
Cue ball family genetics. All my uncles, grandfather's including my dad are bald on my dads side.

No surprise I started balding as a teenager
**** genes

ypul

Reaction score
The interesting thing about my case is that it started at the age of 17 for every family member. My grandfather started going bald when he was 17, so did my dad, my older brother, and when I turned 17 I started too.

bluered999

Reaction score
Where I live baldness seems so common, seems like over half the men in their 20s have nw3+ around town, lots of middle eastern people, they seem to have the highest rates of male pattern baldness maybe or jewish descent.