How many of you have lost your hairline/Crown on Propecia?

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
How many of you have lost your hairline/Crown on Propecia and have not grown it back over the course of a year? I've been on propecia for a while, seems like the top of my head filled in a little, but my hairline and crown has gone to shite. There is a very noticeable bald spot, now, where it was only thinning before.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What's your age and regimen?

Are you consistent with your regimen or are you dropping and adding, missing occasionally?

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for about 10 months and that area has gone to absolute shite as well. I've lost 30%+ easy on the hairline and top of head (crown). This all occurred during month 6-10. I've even gotten considerable thinning on the vertex.

The shedding has stopped though, if I brush my hair not a single one falls out unless I yank it. But I have no idea if the lost hair will grow back.

It's the strangest thing...I have a few healthy terminal hairs in the middle of areas which have gone bald, like my hairline (which has thinned considerably) has a few healthy hairs growing 1.5 cm down, where my hairline used to be. And a few healthy hairs in the now heavily receded temples but quite frankly I don't know if these hairs are coming or going.

I've just added nightly applications of minoxidil to hopefully kick in some regrowth. I hope some one with positive experience replies.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
just starting month 11 on propecia. i havent seen any results yet and have had significant thinning in the last few months. hairline and crown have really thinned out.

i wasnt consistent with the dosage in the first few months and i added and stopped using minoxidil so this has probably effected my results. im not sure whether propecia will start working for me. i hope it does soon.

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
It seemed to of helped in some areas for me, and then destroyed my hairline and crown. I'm wondering if it has to do with the distribution of the 5h receptor cells across the cells. Propecia blocks 1 type, but you have 2 types in your hair. If it blocks 1 type, then it leaves more testosterone for the other type to create