How many of you cut your own base? Recommend it or have hair supplier do it?

What do you do

• I cut it on my own

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I have my supplier like Lavivid/Lordhair do it

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I have it done by a professional at a Salon

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the best idea is to make a made-up template that is smaller than my first system and cut it down once my first system expires. Should be good practice...

Thinsystem@1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the best idea is to make a made-up template that is smaller than my first system and cut it down once my first system expires. Should be good practice...
That probably would work...I thought about ordering a few cheap $10 systems to experiment on until I had Curtis to cut one and that seemed to work better for me.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually cut mine while they're on, something I saw in a youtube clip & liked.

I've only tried this w .03mm UTS...

I shave my head to exactly where my balding zone, while having stubble. More or less exactly, I cut that shape; then, to exaggerate my hairline, I litrerally take a marker & re-draw my hairline, using the same shape, but dipping it a bit lower.

I glue that area w/ a brush and Ghostbond.

I next put a stock 8x10 piece on & attach it.

I'll now how my desired shape, with too big a piece. I bring out a BIC double edged blade, pull the excess up, above my my head, holding it taught, and cut in.

I have not tried this w lace as as I'm scared to ruin my 7x9 piece, which is almost my size...