How many non-reponders are there here?

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
(Please only people who have tried it for at least a year post here)

Why does it seem to me on this forum that minoxidil is some kind of miracle cure? I'm sure I read somewhere it only has a 30% success rate.
I must have tried every single kind of minoxidil over the past 5 years... Currently it's the foam (twice a day from Oct 06-Mar 07) once a day and Spectral DNC once a day (since Mar 07)... once again, nothing. Other then a hugely inflated, wrinkled head that is.
So why is it almost every single post I read has someone saying minoxidil worked for them? I almost feel like some kind of freak! I'm too scared to drop it in case I'm retaining something from it and I SO want it to work for me but it just won't!! :( Is there anything I can do? Emu oil? Retin-a?

T

Timi

minoxidil

Year 2003
11Month Regaine 5% Nothing! big shedding my Hairs completely destroyd
No New Hairs
minoxidil Stop Hairs better and better

Year 2006/2007
7Month Rogaine Foam Nothing! big shedding my Hairs completely destroyd
No New Hairs
minoxidil Stop Hairs slowly better

Never More minoxidil

Timi

(10Years Proscar Hair was "Good" but the Corners light thinner)

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
The success rate is higher than 30%. I heard it tends to be a bit more for women. It also depends on when you start this thing I think. If you get on it early enough where your follicles are still viable then you should have some success. I'm having some after 6 months but I know you have to keep at it for 12-24 months before giving it a full assessment.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
Basically all those guys going "OMG!!!111!!!1 i'VE BEen SHEddING for NINE MONTHS IT HASN'T STOPPED!"

"It's ALL minoxidil'S FAULT!!"

k - those are your non responders.

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
so, ok, 85 percent effectiveness and chance of responding to the treatment. just wondering though do they have any information on the percent effectiveness of rogaine on the hairline or frontal regions of the scalp?????????

Sean68

Reaction score
they didnt test it on the front. at least not with the original liquid dont know
about the foam.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Finish line said:
Basically all those guys going "OMG!!!111!!!1 i'VE BEen SHEddING for NINE MONTHS IT HASN'T STOPPED!"

"It's ALL minoxidil'S FAULT!!"

k - those are your non responders.

Still only seems about 1/10 minoxidil users on here though... granted not every balding bloke in the world uses this website though!

G

I'm probably a non-responder, I've never used the liquid for longer than 3 weeks though. Makes my scalp feel like sh*t and huge shedding. Now I'm shedding on the front with foam.

Mobbo

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that i'm responding well to it. I just hope it goesthe same for finasteride.

demo99

Reaction score
good question, but I have an advice:

you could alter this question into a poll? It would be nice to see a graph. So it's really hard to summarize the hole stuff to a conclusion.

see you
demo99