How many here started to loose their hair before 25?

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeorgeCantStandya said:
If anything it has made me feel less good about myself and older. Some people in here take it WORSE! You sound like balding is a good, necessary life living opportunity or a f*****g privilege.
Bottom Line: its doesnt build character....more like destroy it.

Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. --Albert Einstein

Thinning22

Reaction score
18...now 22

I started losing it at 18...im now 22. It gets progressively worse but i feel like it has noticeably slowed through the use of rogaine xs. I'm going to start on finasteride in the next few weeks.....wish me luck.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Good luck.

Noticed the front thinning badly when I was 22, looking back at older pictures I can see it started when I was 20ish.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, so far with 33 responses, the mean age at which most of the folks that have responded to this post is...20 years old. I'll do another update if we get more responding.

Greg

Reaction score
Red Rose said:
GeorgeCantStandya said:
If anything it has made me feel less good about myself and older. Some people in here take it WORSE! You sound like balding is a good, necessary life living opportunity or a f*****g privilege.
Bottom Line: its doesnt build character....more like destroy it.

Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. --Albert Einstein

Sorry Red Rose. I havent reached "BALDING ENLIGHTENMENT" yet like you appear to have. My apologies.

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
Best of Many Evils . . . . . I could not think of a more appropriate term. But the great things is Propecia. will save everything on top that you have now, so when your hair stabilizes, financing a hair transplant will be a rewarding experience.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahh i think it was around 17 or 18 when i noticed it just a bit, 21 now however.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
[quote="fallout boy":6f2f7]

Hairloss is up there with one of the worst things someone could be put through ... IMO

Think about that statement the next time you volunteer at a Special Needs event. ...or the next time you visit a pediatric ward in the hospital. ...or the next time you visit a Veteran's hospital. ...or the next time you visit a burn ward.[/quote:6f2f7]

I think i corrected myself 2 posts later PLEASE READ before i get hate posts :roll:

Love
Fallout Boy

Getting there

Reaction score
I didn't notice until I was 20, but it usually takes 3 years before the reduction is noticed. I remember being 15 and occasionally having friends at school shake hair off the back of my shirt, joking that I was loosing my hair. When I was 22 it escalated and at 23 I went to Ashley and Martin (AM) in Australia. I told the salesman there that I was 20 when I thought I started loosing my hair, but he thought it was too advanced for that.

My regrowth is getting there, using 7% minoxil, quarter of proscar (1.25), and I have a personal laser comb. I've suffered from dandruff and flakiness on the skin, which I'm still attempting to manage using a cleanser (AM's Presol) and shampoo (usually AM's program shampoo and conditioner every second day, but sometimes Head and Shoulders in moderation). Cleansers and shampoos can be very ebrassive and should be used carefully. AM also gave me other hygiene products, however I am aware and critical of their real purpose (an excuse to bump up their prices).

WiseJoeyD

Reaction score
For me, I remember in Lower 6th 'friends' would point out a bald patch in the vertex region under bright lights...of course no harm was meant, though looking back from the twisted headspace I'm in I obviously wish ill on their families!!!

No, only 'joking'!

Anyway, that was roughly 17.5 or so and when I was 19 I had to stop using gel since I saw myself in a photo and by god looked like I was really desperatly fargone.

Since then, over a year and a half later I've switched to dutasteride, and have advancing frontal horse-shoe-ification of the front hair line! Also the back doesnt look bad but whatever way I get it cut it looks terrible when she hold the mirror up to see the back....yet the other 364 days it looks perfectly fine...THICK even!

Petchsky

Reaction score
It must have started at 18, though i did not notice till i was 21 - started treatment at 22.

Reaction score
I began losing at 16 and heard comments at 17. I'm still 17 right now and I have a really thin hairline. I have to comb my hair down now.

I assume I contracted my baldness from my father because nobody else in my family on either side is bald. My father is a NW3 and he is in his early 50's. He started losing his hair sometime in his 40's.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Poll update 3/3

Ok folks. Now the poll still stands at age 20 for most here losing their hair with 39 responses:)

G

Looking at photos it's obvious where it started.. my 16th birthday hair looked normal; 17th was receeding and difussing to point where could see scalp

Not nice :S

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
21-22