how many here from US get finasteride w/no prescription?

kemmpo55

Reaction score
I just don't want to pay $75 dollars for a doctor to write a prescription. Money is tight these days, and that's assuming my doctor will even give me prescription for proscar. I can see him telling me "propecia is for hairloss" "proscar is for beneign...blah blah etc.etc..) I've seen people mention sites, but I was wondering if anyone had any trouble with customs or the like.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using it for 5 or so years and never got a script. When I first got it, it was from a more expensive site that sold the real deal. Since then, I've been using generic from India (fincar/finpecia made by Cipla). Never had any trouble getting me goods.

I've ordered from a few different sites over the years, the last 2 times I went with http://www.shoprxonline.com. Their site was down a few days ago for maintenance but may be back now. My last order from them was a month ago and it even had usps delivery confirmation. Took 2 weeks to get here. Their customer service emails are a bit slow (2-3 days), but I think them a good company.

Canadians may have customs nab their orders though. I know of a Canuck whose order was shipped twice from shoprxonline.com but he never got it. He was refunded.

Merck propecia/proscar costs more, there are sites that sell it, but I've not used one in a long time.

everett

Reaction score
niles-
i ordered fincar from shoprxonline as well. i got it actually a couple of months ago, but haven't started taking it yet. for some reason i started getting worried that maybe drugs from india might not be legit...what do you think? have you been worried about that at all, i guess there's just no real way of knowing if it's what they say it is or not.

and another related question...am i right in saying that the general concensus here on the board is that taking finasteride stops future hair loss and in some cases promotes new growth?