How many have used Dr Umar

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of traveling from Australia and getting around 2000 grafts with Dr Umar...
It looks like it's going to cost me around $22K AUD and so I'm a bit reluctant/worried about if that is my best option.

The other option I was looking at was Dr Rahal in Canada...

The hair i want transplanted is pretty much all hairline stuff and that's why I've been considering these two Drs, particularly Umar as I think I would be suited to using nape hair (I haven't actually lost much hair, it's just like my hairline got dragged back giving me a very low nape and big forehead. awesome...)

Anyway, any opinions are most welcome.

Oh and I'm 27

Attachments

• wet_2009.jpg
    wet_2009.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 844

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about Umar too.. my loss is more extensive than yours (although my hairline is lower).. i have diffuse thinning all over.

For that type of work, why on earth get a strip w/ Rahal? Get FUE.. question is if Umar is the right one. I think i am more comfortable with him than any other FUE doctor.

If either of us should get strip.. it should be given the amount of work i need done, but i'm too scared of the scar. However if you think that you won't have much hairloss in the future (or rest of your life).. then perhaps strip might be OK.. but i still think you don't need very much work.

Petchsky

Reaction score
There's two guys on another site that are both 5 months post op from Umar, looks pretty good so far, but still early for the final result.

Feller is famed for doing great FUE, SMG also do FUE now, and they are competitively priced. Rahal is strip only along with H+W.

Do you want to restore yourself to a NW2?

Petchsky

Reaction score
hair transplant network, look up Abedogg, can't remember the other guys name.

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Do you want to restore yourself to a NW2?

yeah i guess that is kind of what i'm after. the top of my forehead has always been like that believe it or not and the corners of my hairline have probably only lost around 5mm or less all in all, so i really just want to shape the top/front down and fill in the corners and bring the whole thing foreward about 1-2cm.

I've never had a low hairline, so i just want something that makes me look less like a dolphin...

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiker said:
If you live in Australia did you meet with Dr. Woods?

after having a look at his hairlines, i didn't think they were really up to the level of Umar's and others to be honest.

2guard

Reaction score
richlocks: Have you contacted Dr. Umar yet? How bad is your diffuse thinning? I just sent him some pictures and asked about shockloss, he pretty much turned me down saying I have a great risk for it at this level of hairloss.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I have e-mailed him and met with Dr. Umar personally.. he saw my hair in pics and in person and said that I was an OK candidate.. about average.. and he would do work on me. He told me he can't predict how shock loss would turn out for me.. but he didn't turn me down.

See pics in my thread - i have ton of dry and wet hair pics.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=52835

How is your loss compared to mine?

Petchsky

Reaction score
made_guy82 said:
I've never had a low hairline, so i just want something that makes me look less like a dolphin...

lol, yeah I know what you mean, i've got a big forehead too.

2guard

Reaction score
@richlocks

Oh ok totally missed that thread. My hairloss isn't as bad as your. Basically if I comb it forward just right I can hide my hairloss when dry. However I'm constantly paranoid it'll get out of place. Nature is my enemy, wind, rain, sun=)

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Then it is odd umar said he wouldn't operate on you.

Perhaps you have too much hair and he doens't think you are ready yet?

Get the exact reason.

If your loss isn't that noticeable, i would stick with trying to get treatments to work.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Well at least you know Umar is putting the interest of the patient ahead of his own interest.

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
in my email correspondence with Dr Umar, he has been really helpful and polite. He seems genuinely interested in the welfare of patients and potential patients.

I'm pretty much set on Dr Umar now (to be honest, i hadn't even realised Rahal was strip only...i just got caught up looking at the quality of hairlines and assumed he was FUE).

so now just planning finances and logistics and other things like how to hide the post-op redness and shed most effectively...

2guard

Reaction score
Hiker:

That's true...

Except I contacted him 2 years ago with pictures and he said I would be a good candidate, estimated about 2,000 grafts.

This time I have my finances in order and have decided to go ahead with one. My recent contact I added in details on how I've been researching a lot on forums. I asked a lot more questions, including risk of shockloss, etc. Same pictures as my hair hasn't changed, this time was denied, go figure. :whistle:

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
richlocks said:
made_guy:

How many grafts is he suggesting? How much lower will he bring your hairline?

2000 grafts, i'm not sure how much lower, I will ask what he thinks, but looking at the results of others, i'm guess around 1-1.5 from that number

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Just saw a patient of Umar's.. his work looked excellent - although i'm still not sure if he measures up to the H&W / Rahal strip yields we see.. Perhaps.. but i do think it is less.

I am about to book a 3-3.5K session.