How many hairs do you lose in the shower?

restonwebdev

Reaction score
Regardless, if you're seeing your hair while you shampoo, while you work at your desk, or on the top of your bed pillow, I'm sorry to say but you're losing your hair. It's the first sign and it will never go away.

I can honestly say that while I was having great success on AvoDart that I would never notice more than two or three hairs on my hands after showering. And I could comb my hair without seeing any hairs fall into the sink. Now after six years on AvoDart I can see that the shedding/hair loss is coming back; it's a dagger because I had really enjoyed not worrying about hair loss for so long.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
how do you know how many hairs you lose? you dont know and if you sit there and try and count all the hairs on yer hands and fingers..than you are a moron..geeezz i swear theres so much estrogen here at these forums

amsch

Reaction score
It's funny though, i guess many people here think the nr. of hairs they find on they're hands is the no. of hairs they lose in total. LOL.

There's no way you can guess how many someone's losing in the shower.

btw, @all those people saying "having 10-20 hairs in your hands is absolutely normal after shampooing, non-male pattern baldness sufferers lose 100 hairs per day as well".

Well, if i shampoo the back of my head, i hardly find any hair. Don't want to talk about shampooing the top lol

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Now that im constantly using nizoral every 3 days or so i only see about a dozen. In the past i only washed my hair once a week and it scared the bollocks out of me, my hands were just covered in hairs all from my temple regions are frontal hairline.

Heard a story once that a fella my mate knows (old now) was told he is going bald at a young age. So he didnt shower his hair for years... Still has a good head of hair now im told..

Pelle

Reaction score
thenational said:
Now that im constantly using nizoral every 3 days or so i only see about a dozen. In the past i only washed my hair once a week and it scared the bollocks out of me, my hands were just covered in hairs all from my temple regions are frontal hairline.

Heard a story once that a fella my mate knows (old now) was told he is going bald at a young age. So he didnt shower his hair for years... Still has a good head of hair now im told..

Is it real that you loose more hair if you only wash your hair once a week?
I think and believe is that you loose lesser hair when washing it 3 times a week but overal it is more than once a week.
For example:
3 times a week
1e time: 150 hairs
2end time: 150 hairs
3e time: 150 hairs

Only 1 time a week: about 300 hairs (still lesser than 3 time 450)

You say that you loose only a dozen while washing your hair 3 times a week, how is it possible why you shed a lot of hairs only when you wash your hair once a week!?

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know why i lose less in the shower than i use to, could be because i use nizoral now, the fact that i dont use products (gel) in my hair anymore.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One thing that makes me feel better is that I lose hair from ALL OVER - the back, sides, crown, etc. I just pulled the very back of my hair and got 4 hairs. And that was a pretty small area I pulled. If I grab a large area I can get 10+. And that's from male pattern baldness resistant areas.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
well I can say this, before treatments I was losing 35-50 hairs in shower, after treatments im litteraly losing 1-3 hairs its shocking to say the least.

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well I can say this, before treatments I was losing 35-50 hairs in shower, after treatments im litteraly losing 1-3 hairs its shocking to say the least.
And how do u count it? U just look at ur palms after shampooing? Cuz thats very inaccurate

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
And how do u count it? U just look at ur palms after shampooing? Cuz thats very inaccurate
inaccurate my ***. I checked my palms before treatment and lost a sh*t load of hairs, after treatments there arent any hairs on my palms only 3-4 throughout my head. what is it that you dont understand?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the lenght of ur hair? When I had shorter hair I wouldn't lose 1 and still receded hairline lol

As for me it comes and goes. Losing less than 50 hairs washing it would be a mind blowing absurd level of success to me, I lose more, a lot more, also my hair remains weakened for a few days and keep shedding more than usual... it's all dried and breakable... my hair lenght is between 4 and 6 inches I believe, and it gets tangled easy.
Makes Sense because you are only on vitamins lol. My hair was the same length before and after starting treatments. Its currently 5 to 6cm.

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
inaccurate my ***. I checked my palms before treatment and lost a sh*t load of hairs, after treatments there arent any hairs on my palms only 3-4 throughout my head. what is it that you dont understand?
Use a hair catcher in the shower drain man. Either way derms say u lose 50-100 a day. I am simply interested in comparing hair shed numbers. If it has worked for u, more power to u.