How Many Hairs Are You Losing Each Day?

CombinationOfWords

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently switched back from Dutasteride to Finasteride and changed up my counting method. I have been on finasteride for 2 years and tried dutasteride for 5 months, stopped due to sides.
I am losing many hairs and am wondering if there is any case like mine.
Following case: Yesterday evening 21:30 I combed out my hair and afterwards pulled lightly with my hands and had 105 hairs in front of me. Today morning I combed my hair out: 65 hairs. Then I lighlty pulled it out again: another 65 hairs. I went showering at noon: 140 hairs fell out. I am pretty scared of what is happening. Mind you I am usually only measuring my hairloss on the zone, where hairloss commonly occurs, not the sides and back. I measured it today for the first time and got another 60 hairs from the usually balding resistant zone.

Anyone have similar experiences?

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yep. losing hundreds of hair everyday. Started finasteride five month ago and my shedding only got worse. Could easily pull out every hair on my head. I don't get how almost 99 % of people benefit hairwise from finasteride. It just sped up the process for me.

jazz1

Reaction score
I never check but I do see hairs in the shower, although the BIG3 has done wonders for me.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yep. losing hundreds of hair everyday. Started finasteride five month ago and my shedding only got worse. Could easily pull out every hair on my head. I don't get how almost 99 % of people benefit hairwise from finasteride. It just sped up the process for me.

I've read countless posts like yours and read even more of people seeing results only approaching 9 - 12 months! Dont get yourself down and make that judgement at 5 months, I'm sure you know your own hair but you have to give it the maximum amount of time to work otherwise you may convince others of never trying. It's pretty frustrating we still know so little about why some respond so well and some not so well.. pharmacology seems half arsed sometimes

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im at 14 months of finasteride and I would have times where I run my hands thru my head and like 10-15 come out. I probably notice around 4/5 in the shower on average. It’s been pretty consistent throughout my time on finasteride.

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I normally shed about 150-200 hairs per day from the top of my head. Usually about 60-100 in the shower every morning. Then around 50 hairs every time I combed my hair, which was twice per day. If I went a few days without washing my hair, then combed I could easily comb out 200 hairs or more. Like you said, seeing that is very worrying. Note My back and sides literally never shed.

4 months of finasteride didn’t change my shedding at all before I had to stop taking it due to sides. So far the only thing that has reduced my shedding is minoxidil. When I’m on minoxidil I shed maybe 10 hairs per day but the results are temporary.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read countless posts like yours and read even more of people seeing results only approaching 9 - 12 months! Dont get yourself down and make that judgement at 5 months, I'm sure you know your own hair but you have to give it the maximum amount of time to work otherwise you may convince others of never trying. It's pretty frustrating we still know so little about why some respond so well and some not so well.. pharmacology seems half arsed sometimes

I only tell them about my experience. If you're looking online you only see either horror stories about sides or success stories.
I honestly don't have any hope in finasteride, but won't stop either until the one year mark. Also i don't know if finasteride made my hairloss worse or i would have been doomed anyway. Probably second one.