How Many Grafts Would I Need For My First Transplant?

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty far gone, but I'm looking into getting a hair transplant. I haven't used anything like finasteride or minoxidil (and probably feeling the consequences now), but I feel I'm too far gone to start now. Also could I just buy those pills online or do I need them prescribed?

I emailed one place and they suggested 1500 grafts which seems way too low. I realize I need multiple transplants, but would it be possible for me to just restore the front during my first transplant and then go back later to fill in the rest?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 199

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on propecia for a year then make a decision. Where are you from and how old are you?

I am from the US and am 23. I will probably try some of the drugs a few months before my transplant because I wouldn't want to start them afterwards. Would I need them prescribed to me though?

Also, I'm still looking for insight on how many grafts I'd need for my first transplant.

el_storm

Reaction score
You are probably not too far gone. I was about where you are and i feel as if I have gone back about 3 years of hair. See my post on the success story forum.

Finasteride will need a prescription in US, but I'm sure there ways to get it with out. My family doctor had no problems prescribing though. He just earned me if the side, Wich I was well aware anyways.

My plan is to gain as much without transplant, and touch up with transplant in about a year. Good luck!