how many grafts should be transplanted hair?

Buhanza

Reaction score
Hi to me 22 I use minoxidil and finasteride 8 months.
it will helps but high temples don't grow ((
I think to go in a month or two to the doctor for a transplantation of hair.
how think how many graft it is necessary? WIN_20151226_00_11_58_Pro.jpgWIN_20151226_00_12_07_Pro.jpgWIN_20151226_00_12_12_Pro.jpg

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
This may not be what you want to hear but I think you are both too young and too early in your hair loss to have a hair transplant. You are only 22, and you do not know how far or how fast you will progress. It is good you are on meds and I would suggest you stick with them for a while and see how you do for a longer period of time.

You can always do hair transplant later, but if you do it too early you will sacrifice your grafts too soon and may end up needing more surgery than you may want later on.

Buhanza

Reaction score
I know that the young but with 17 years as a hair loss happened, nothing has changed
drugs removed slightly receding hairline
I need a transplant because the very future career depends on my hair and face

Buhanza

Reaction score
in my family all had such a receding hairline
except my father
but it is not a problem with inheritance

- - - Updated - - -

you aren't right
I asked the trichologist and he answered that is quite acceptable

Sub8large

Reaction score
well then go find someone. if it's truly what you want, ignore the people here (most of them are bitter NW6 anyway)

i am only NW2 and having a transplant in 10 days + taking a high dose of finasteride.

hair is everything.

Buhanza

Reaction score
well then go find someone. if it's truly what you want, ignore the people here (most of them are bitter NW6 anyway)

i am only NW2 and having a transplant in 10 days + taking a high dose of finasteride.

hair is everything.

and how many graft transplanted to you?
and how many as you think it is necessary for me?

shookwun

Reaction score
1500-1750 grafts

Small area

shookwun

Reaction score
I dont think so. Most surgeons generally dense pack the hairline with has much grafts as they can.

Id say for sure 1500.

I had a transplant at 22 for what it's worth.

TEDDYRUKSPIN

Reaction score
I suggest you go to see several different surgeons. You will eventually receive a ball park figure. Just to say, 22 is rather young for a transplant.
Guestimate wise, probably in the region of 1000 grafts.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you shave back the area a bit, you could get 1500, otherwise I also say 1000.

Buhanza

Reaction score
if you shave back the area a bit, you could get 1500, otherwise I also say 1000.

here good photos
I need hair to the black line
there they simply rare

such hair to the black line were in 16 years

Attachments

• ава.jpg
    ава.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 194
  • выв.jpg
    выв.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 321
  • уцуимени-1.jpg
    уцуимени-1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 204

shookwun

Reaction score
On closer examination 1000 grafts for what you want done.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked the trichologist and he answered that is quite acceptable

Probably because he needs your money.

In my opinion, to get a transplant just to lower that tiny amount of hair loss is risky, and foolish. One of the risks is that the transplanted hair doesn't match well or blend in well with your existing hair. Another risk is that surgery accelerates your hair loss. In my opinion, getting a hair transplant now would be like getting a face lift, because you see the beginning of a wrinkle on your face.