How Many Grafts Do You Think Wil Suffice?

badassname

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been balding since 18, now I'm 26 years old and since I dropped minoxidil (used it for maybe a year, but then it stopped working), my hair dropped a lot.
So I decided to go for a hair transplant in Turkey. Of course that I will consult my situation with a doctor, but maybe you can give me some suggestion of how many grafts will be needed and if my donor area is enough?
I think I will need around 4k grafts, maybe more.

My hair length on these photos is 9mm on the top and 3mm on sides and back.
i would be really glad if you could give me your opinions, thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2720.JPG
    IMG_2720.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2723.JPG
    IMG_2723.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2724.JPG
    IMG_2724.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2726.JPG
    IMG_2726.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2727.JPG
    IMG_2727.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 204

fireboy99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say somewhere around 4000 grafts for decent coverage. How does the donor look like when grown out?
Also, your hair loss seems aggressive for such a young age. A lot of transplant surgeons recommend getting on finasteride to stabilize the loss and to reduce further loss after the transplant.

badassname

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion, I've never tried finasteride so far because I didn't want to mess up my hormones, so I thought the only option for me is hair transplant.
I've managed to find a picture with slightly longer hair of my donor area.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 154

fireboy99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion, I've never tried finasteride so far because I didn't want to mess up my hormones, so I thought the only option for me is hair transplant.
I've managed to find a picture with slightly longer hair of my donor area.
Your donor seems decent. What's your family history like?
Try sending these pictures to a bunch of good hair transplant surgeons such as Bisnga, Ferreira, Pekiner, Demirsoy, etc. Most likely they'll recommend finasteride if you have NW6/7's running in your family considering your age.

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been balding since 18, now I'm 26 years old and since I dropped minoxidil (used it for maybe a year, but then it stopped working), my hair dropped a lot.
So I decided to go for a hair transplant in Turkey. Of course that I will consult my situation with a doctor, but maybe you can give me some suggestion of how many grafts will be needed and if my donor area is enough?
I think I will need around 4k grafts, maybe more.

My hair length on these photos is 9mm on the top and 3mm on sides and back.
i would be really glad if you could give me your opinions, thank you!
I generally agree with the numbers mentioned. Somewhere in the ballpark of 4K grafts. The thing is that you're only 26 y.o.. Has your hair loss been stable for at least a year (preferably longer)?

badassname

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your donor seems decent. What's your family history like?
Try sending these pictures to a bunch of good hair transplant surgeons such as Bisnga, Ferreira, Pekiner, Demirsoy, etc. Most likely they'll recommend finasteride if you have NW6/7's running in your family considering your age.
Thanks for advice, I will definitely do that!
attached are pictures of my dad when he was 38, it didn't go much worse since then (11years ago).
And my granddad from my mothers side when he was 65, it definitely didn't go any worse.
Last picture is me 1month from the 9mm cut.
Granddad from my fathers side has got little bit more hair I think.
In my opinion they're around Norwood 6, so I think I will be like this soon. The weird thing is that I recognized my dad is balding when he was over 30, but I started much earlier. This might be because of my scalp irritation that is caused by dermatitis, I kind of rubbed some of my hair myself, while getting rid of the disgusting crusts.

Attachments

• d.PNG
    d.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • gd.PNG
    gd.PNG
    397.6 KB · Views: 130
  • mer.PNG
    mer.PNG
    856.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

fireboy99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for advice, I will definitely do that!
attached are pictures of my dad when he was 38, it didn't go much worse since then (11years ago).
And my granddad from my mothers side when he was 65, it definitely didn't go any worse.
Last picture is me 1month from the 9mm cut.
Granddad from my fathers side has got little bit more hair I think.
In my opinion they're around Norwood 6, so I think I will be like this soon. The weird thing is that I recognized my dad is balding when he was over 30, but I started much earlier. This might be because of my scalp irritation that is caused by dermatitis, I kind of rubbed some of my hair myself, while getting rid of the disgusting crusts.
Do you use Nizoral? Even I had seb. dermatitis in my early twenties. After using Nizoral 2% it went away (could be a coincidence too, lol).
Please consult a dermatologist for the scalp issue.

From your family, it seems like they are in Norwood 5/6 range. You could very well be heading towards that. Only time will tell how quickly that will be. Even if you get an hair transplant for 4k grafts you might continue losing hair from front/mid-scalp and it could look sparse. That's why people generally try to get their loss stabilized first (some with medication) before jumping to a transplant.

badassname

My Regimen
Reaction score
The dermatitis kind of disappeared after I lost my temples, because it was mainly there.
I've just started Nizoral yesterday to prevent it, but didn't see any crusts/flakes/scales for a long time, now it only gets itchy from time to time.
I know it can get worse and it 100% will, however I would like to place the grafts all over my scalp and if needed and my donor is enough, I can always go for another transplant.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
4-6k depending on how thick you want it and where you want the hairline.