How many grafts do you think my hairline needs. with pics.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
metalheaddude said:
Dude I honestly think you should just go for it. You only live once :) As someone already mentioned your hair seems to be really thick everywhere else but the frontal region. I think you should get as many grafts as you humanly can in the hairline to match the density of the surrounding hair. I think it will look great. On meds and at your age, i dont think your hairloss is going to progress suddenly leaving u balding behind your grafts. This may take 3-10 years to occur. By then there should be some other hairloss option available.
And what if you're wrong? :smack:

metalhead never admits he is wrong

calgary2800

Reaction score
HT55 said:
s.a.f said:
Even 2000 would be enough to give him a acceptable result, remember people are not going to be be studying the density of his hair. If you have plenty of hair already (as he does) its easier to get a good result because people just look at your 'in general' and the top 2 thirds of your head are good already. A hair transplant is all about the illusion of hair and if you've still got most of your hair anyway the illusion is much simpler to achieve.

Well so far he hasn't said where he wants his hairline so it's very hard to tell how many grafts without knowing that. He has a LOT of bald area to fill regardless and usually pictures don't tell the real story especially from the angles he gave us. We need a head down top shot and I bet that would show he is balding more than those pics lead us to believe. The hair behind the balding area looks real thick because you are comparing it to just that, a bald area.

3-4001.jpg

I have no loss in the crown area and yes there is thinning in the top.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
calgary2800 said:
I think the guy from H and W quoted 1500-1800 because I showed him a photo of me years ago with a full hairline and a naturally high hairline. I certainly dont want to go lower than my natural high hairline because I think it fits my features better.

Could you draw a line on the pic where you want the hairline ? The spot I was thinking is pretty high

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those pics are close but what we need is a shot of you head looking down so we can see the forehead. If you look down at your lap and take the photo it should show the top of your head and the fore head. Just to show how tricky photos can be neither of those shots shows any real hair loss

metalheaddude

Reaction score
If i was a surgeon I would do his hairline something like this or at least thats the look i would aim for...

Hope you dont mind me editing your pics :)

compare.jpg

calgary2800

Reaction score
Thanks metalhead. I am not sure I want that kind of hair transplant, its a bit overdone. Kind of like a guy who broadcasts the news. Its just not natural enough compared to what I had 2,3 years ago. I'll bring a photo to the doctor on the day of hair transplant.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
If i was a surgeon I would do his hairline something like this or at least thats the look i would aim for...

Hope you dont mind me editing your pics :)

compare.jpg

To get density anywhere near what is shown and the hairline at the point in the pictures is going to be 4K grafts

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can you show where he is palcing your hairline ?

Good luck, when do you go in ?

IBM

Reaction score
calgary2800 dont you worry about losing hair in top of your head. If you lose you'll look like a freak.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think he just means are you worried about the possibility of future loss behind the transplanted area?

IBM

Reaction score
calgary2800 said:
IBM said:
calgary2800 dont you worry about losing hair in top of your head. If you lose you'll look like a freak.

Grow up or get off the forum.

I'm a grown up and my question wasnt to joke. I would like to have a transplant because i have an excelent donor hair but hairloss never ceases so i would need more procedures in the future.